Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

I'm not feeling love for Jason Momoa in this trailer either. Just too creepy to be the charismatic Aquaman.

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by MIB41
      This will STILL be a Snyder film.
      Except that now his direction to reborn Cavill will be "more smiling, Henry. Smile more!"

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Hedji
        Except that now his direction to reborn Cavill will be "more smiling, Henry. Smile more!"
        That and Clark will probably rib Wayne about falling for his Martha one-liner.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 20, 2011

That and Clark will probably rib Wayne about falling for his Martha one-liner.
          sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

When? This is a trailer. Fans thought the studio would course correct after MOS and instead they doubled down, save for a few sad references about a vacant city when they fight. Perhaps it's just the cynic in me, but real change in a movie series usually comes when a new director is selected with a different vision and style. This will STILL be a Snyder film. He got help from all over in BVS, but at the end of the day his story telling skills were woefully lacking. How does injecting humor get him to resolve that issue? Is Justice League Snyder's first attempt at making a movie outside his own comfort zone and abilities? That's kind of what you're suggesting by watching a snippet of footage that is essentially just a color-by-the-numbers puff piece designed to placate the criticisms of the last film.
            You just get my tequila ready...

sigpic

Comment

• clemso
              Talkative Member
              • Aug 8, 2001

I don't know if all this humour sits very well with these DC characters, its difficult to readjust. If their going in this direction then they should seriously think about bringing Ryan Reynolds back as GL.

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Hector
                You just get my tequila ready...

You got it buddy!!! We'll drink that one together.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

They'll apply humor to all the characters just like they applied dark and brooding to everybody because that is what they think will sell irregardless if it applies to the character.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Keeler
                    • Jun 22, 2009

I can't put my finger on exactly why but some of this seems forced. The scene with Ezra Miller especially. Reactionary or not I wonder how many casual fans, unfamiliar with comics or the canon of such, will see this as an Avengers copy and tune out? (Billionaire playboy, putting a team together to stop a threat.)

Will be interesting to see this play out.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                      Moderation Engineer
                      • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by clemso
                      I don't know if all this humour sits very well with these DC characters, its difficult to readjust. If their going in this direction then they should seriously think about bringing Ryan Reynolds back as GL.

He couldn't be any worse a fit than Rob Zombie Aquaman and spazzy flash. I look at Ryan Reynolds GL the same way I do Routh's Superman - only so much they could overcome.

Comment

• huedell
                        Museum Ball Eater
                        • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                        They'll apply humor to all the characters just like they applied dark and brooding to everybody because that is what they think will sell irregardless if it applies to the character.
                        Much better choice to do just that (lighten things overall) than what they have been dishing out.

More enjoyable for me (and the public-at-large)... more profitable for them.... at least until they prove they can't up the ante on cohesive storytelling---which (while somewhat pertinent) is another subject.
                        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Ah, my fellow geeks...first, dark and somber DC flicks are too much...now light and humor DC flicks are too much...

Make up your minds already...

sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Hector
                            Ah, my fellow geeks...first, dark and somber DC flicks are too much...now light and humor DC flicks are too much...

Make up your minds already...

Superman, should be all sunshine and smiles, Batman should be dark and creepy. GL and or Flash should have some humor. They just shouldn't all be painted with the same brush. That's what WB doesn't get.
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Well, that's my point...the JL trailer shows Wayne/Batman still being mostly serious and Allen/Flash having humor. We didn't see Supes nor GL...Diana Prince/Wonder Woman looking properly sexy and baddarze...so all the right stuff so far.

The only questions are perhaps geared towards the new Arthur/Aquaman...hardcore comic books fans hate his new look, but the masses will love him, I'm sure of that...because I dig him myself...Jason Momoa is one mean hombre.

Cyborg is still a mystery though...

What I got from the trailer...is that the production is moving in the right direction.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                                Muddling through
                                • Oct 4, 2008

I think it looks great and it shows WB listened to the critics about BvS being too dark and they are injecting some light humor in. Hard to say from a trailer but so far I am all in

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎