X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CrimsonGhost
    Often invisible
    • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by ovenmitt
    70s Mego Cap is 1st appearance Cap repainted head- half mask no neck protection and triangle shield
    It's not just repainted. The sculpt has been adjusted too.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• ovenmitt
      Persistent Member
      • May 26, 2009

Thanks, DSTZach!

I have 2 of the 1st Cap Set and 2 of every other Marvel set thru Deadpool. Considering Daredevil soon.

Will more Marvel sets be announced Soon? Are Punisher and Spider-Man 2099 still a Go?

Would love to see Spider-Woman 1st female and Green Goblin 1st villian both Spidey related.

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

I was a big fan of the original Captain America set (flaws and all), but I didn't think you could talk me into buying another set... Well played, sirs.

Between this set and the new Daredevil set, this line has really hit its stride!

Comment

• Teemu
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 15, 2010

Seriously they can't fix the star this time????

Comment

• BATMAN89
            Mego obsessed!!!
            • Jul 20, 2010

Man, I just want the 40's Cap. But not for $80.00! I still haven't purchased a Daredevil set!
            Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
            My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• Riderfan
              Megos are cool
              • Feb 14, 2012

Originally posted by palitoy
              Thinkgeek has a special on until the 24th that gives free shipping to Canadians.
              Yup, that's what hooked me too, and I ordered the retro Enterprise playset as well.

Sure, free shipping to Canada but another US$23 for handling/duty/taxes. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, its still a good deal, just saying.

My concern is will my transporter last longer than the one Penny bought Sheldon

K
              I've come here to chew bubblegum & kick ***. And I'm all out of bubblegum

(Rowdy Roddy Piper in 'They Live' 1988)

Comment

• SKotK
                Career Member
                • Mar 11, 2014

Originally posted by Riderfan
                My concern is will my transporter last longer than the one Penny bought Sheldon
                Though I'm not a fan of The Big Bang Theory, I had to show my gal the Mego Star Trek bits of that episode.

Ever since I scored a boxed Palitoy transporter of my own she flips out when I spin it, thinking it's going to blow apart in a mess of non-existent springs and loose parts!

--SKot
                Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• ovenmitt
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 26, 2009

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                  Paul has indicated that EMCE has been burning the midnight oil on several projects and announcements are predicted in a month or so.
                  Are the EMCE announcements soon?

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                    Moderation Engineer
                    • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by ovenmitt
                    Are the EMCE announcements soon?
                    I haven't heard a peep.

Comment

• wise guy
                      Career Member
                      • Dec 29, 2014

What ever happened to the bandless body the Emce was supposed to put out 3 years ago ?

Comment

• TRDouble
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by wise guy
                        What ever happened to the bandless body the Emce was supposed to put out 3 years ago ?
                        They were supposed to be used for a special project, but I don't that ever saw the light of day either.

Too bad. I like the Type S body, but I am not fond of the hips. If someone released a new bandless body that fixed the jutting hip issue, I would be all over those going forward.

Comment

• Timothy2251
                          Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                          • Mar 15, 2008

Was looking forward to the bandless female bodies that were shown, too. Sad that project never went anywhere - I'd have ordered quite a few of those, since they sort of riffed off of the female Mattel Retro bodies.
                          "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• wise guy
                            Career Member
                            • Dec 29, 2014

I think that if Emce finished the bandless male,and female bodies,( today) I would be really happy and order a bunch of them for my Marvel sets.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎