X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

Black Series TIE Fighter

I was lucky enough to trade this for some left-over stuff.
    One serious problem: I just cannot get the pilot into his chair. They added these weird pincer-like braces (that don't budge at all), and I'm afraid to snap them off. He's just too bulky to get in between them.
    I also miss some weathering on the panels.

But apart from that, great piece. Now where will I put it? That thing is huge...

Btw, there's a big "1" on the box. Will we be getting more vehicles, an X-Wing perhaps?
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

I saw one of these at Target today displayed out of the box...the $169 price tag is a joke. That's a $75 vehicle TOPS. It's only 33% larger than the classic TIE with larger solar panels which was $40.

Comment

• drquest
      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
      • Apr 17, 2012

My son has one and it's a pretty impressive Tie Fighter I must say, and honestly seems like 133% larger than a regular one. It dominates wherever you decide to put it.
      Danny(Drquest)
      Captain Action HQ
      Retro shirts and stuff
      More retro shirts
      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Gorn Captain
        Invincible Ironing Man
        • Feb 28, 2008

I have to say, it really is massive. Yeah, expensive, but when you see it in front of you, you go "wow!".
        Could have used more weathering, the panels are very bland.
        But I love it.
        "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• enyawd72
          Maker of Monsters!
          • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
          I have to say, it really is massive. Yeah, expensive, but when you see it in front of you, you go "wow!".
          Could have used more weathering, the panels are very bland.
          But I love it.
          While I certainly appreciate the size, I just don't see the value. The new AT-AT that came out only a few years ago was just as large, featured articulation and electronic lights and sounds out the wazoo and cost $100.

Ever since Disney took over they've gotten extremely greedy. Same with Marvel.

But hey, if you like it and think it's worth the money that's all that matters.

Comment

• drquest
            ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
            • Apr 17, 2012

My son has that AT-AT as well and there's no comparison. The tie fighter is cooler. But I do agree, all of it is too expensive.
            Danny(Drquest)
            Captain Action HQ
            Retro shirts and stuff
            More retro shirts
            Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Gorn Captain
              Invincible Ironing Man
              • Feb 28, 2008

I was lucky enough to trade it for some stuff I didn't want anymore, I wouldn't have paid the asking price. That's out of my league and, as you said, too much.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎