Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pmwasson
    Maker
    • Sep 12, 2007

I watched all the episodes in two days. Loved it! Hope they make more.
    sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• samurainoir
      Eloquent Member
      • Dec 26, 2006

So... even though we're talking about this as a Scifi series here in the Scifi forum, any theories on the MONSTER?

I think there might be a strong suggestion at the end there that it might have originated from Eleven herself, rather than having existed as a native to the shadow dimension. Was her fear about encountering it, because she was afraid of re-merging with it? Did they merge at the end? Agree? Disagree?
      My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• samurainoir
        Eloquent Member
        • Dec 26, 2006

“We definitely are hopeful to go several more seasons. And the plan is to continue with this set of characters while introducing a few critical key new ones next season. So I’ll just say that a lot of the big mysteries get answered at the end of Season 1, but we are very much kind of unearthing new problems and questions that merit future stories and future investigation in the most enjoyable way.”
        My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• jacoblb
          Persistent Member
          • May 7, 2009

Originally posted by samurainoir
          So... even though we're talking about this as a Scifi series here in the Scifi forum, any theories on the MONSTER?

I think there might be a strong suggestion at the end there that it might have originated from Eleven herself, rather than having existed as a native to the shadow dimension. Was her fear about encountering it, because she was afraid of re-merging with it? Did they merge at the end? Agree? Disagree?
          Those are good questions. What's going to happen to Will now that he's puking stuff?

Comment

• jacoblb
            Persistent Member
            • May 7, 2009

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
            For what it's worth most of my personal Facebook misunderstandings have been in the context of a complete absence of malice. Your circumstance could well be the same. I had no idea how personally someone could take having a friend request not be accepted until I learned the hard way on multiple occasions. I only use FP for Mego Museum administration now. I have exactly 2 friends. (Just like in real life!) They need a 'It's not you, it's me' button for FB.

As for your dupe threads, combining them makes them unintelligible half the time. I am more aggressive with the bees than the mosquitoes.
            Sounds good to me! I never had a quibble about the duplicate threads. I thinks it's for the best leaving them well enough alone anyhow because of the genre mash up--so we'll let those folks just discovering (or soon to be) discovering the show find discussions to contribute to under the headers of: Monsters or Horror or Sci-fi--depending on wherever they're poking around or chance upon it.
            Last edited by jacoblb; Jul 26, '16, 6:26 PM.

Comment

• gummi
              Career Member
              • Dec 2, 2009

Originally posted by Iron Mego
              Funny, cuz Ryder was one of the weaker points for me. Much preferred the show when she wasn't on the screen. I've always felt she over-acted a bit though, so there's that.

Loved the kids, especially Toothless. It was a fun ride for sure, and I'm definitely up for more seasons.
              I felt the same way about her performance in this. Almost every one of her lines was done with that half-crying, trembling voice. It was alright at first, but after two or three episodes, it started having the fingernails on a chalkboard effect with me. Don't get me wrong, I understand she was a mother in an extreme situation, I just thought it was way overdone.
              "Trying is the first step towards failure." - H. J. Simpson, 1997

Comment

• MRP
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 19, 2016

Just watched the first 2 episodes this evening, and really liked it, but have to wait until later this weekend to have time to watch the rest.

I got bombarded with recommendations for it everywhere I went since Sunday-at the toy show, at my local comic shop, on 3 different forums I frequent, etc. Lots of people talking about this and digging it.

-M
                Last edited by MRP; Jul 29, '16, 1:51 PM.
                "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• knight errant00
                  8 Inch Action Figure
                  • Nov 15, 2005

Maybe I need to get further in . . . I watched the first episode and thought it was OK -- entertaining but nothing special (in fact, my daughter walked in and seeing the TV asked if I was watching Super 8). But everyone keeps raving, so perhaps I need to try a few more eps . . .

Comment

• Iron Mego
                    Wake Up Heavy
                    • Jan 31, 2010

I didn't really warm up to it until episode four.
                    Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 20, 2011

Man, just finished Chapter Five: The Acrobat and the Flea. Man, what a ride so far!! I'm enjoying the heck out of this show and will likely play it on my TV a LOT when the cooler, autumn weather sets in. As great as it is here in the dog days of summer, it FEELS like an autumnal show. I'm not a huge fan of child actors, but whomever the casting director was for this show, they should consider themselves geniuses as far as I'm concerned, especially with El and Mike. I'm 52 now and watching this show takes me back to a time when I was seventeen, maybe eighteen and the whole of life was before me. It's a fantastic show and, if you're not watching it, you're truly missing something spectacular, especially to most of the folks on these boards who are of similar generations. Give it a try, you'll be really glad you did.
                      sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• ZebMayonaise
                        • Nov 6, 2012

man... Stranger Things is the best show I've watched in a long long time.

Comment

• YoungOnce
                          Career Member
                          • Aug 29, 2007

Originally posted by ZebMayonaise
                          man... Stranger Things is the best show I've watched in a long long time.
                          Agreed. Right in the wheelhouse of all the things I like.

Comment

• drquest
                            ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                            • Apr 17, 2012

My son and I just got finished watching Stranger Things. We really enjoyed it a lot! I loved that this wasn't crammed into a 2 hour move or something, they really got to take their time with the story. If you haven't seen it yet, do yourself and favor and set aside some time to watch it.
                            Danny(Drquest)
                            Captain Action HQ
                            Retro shirts and stuff
                            More retro shirts
                            Stuff For Sale

Comment

• MIB41
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Sep 25, 2005

I'm on my second viewing of the season. Absolutely LOVE this new series. Thanks Chris! (Emeraldknight47).

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by MIB41
                                I'm on my second viewing of the season. Absolutely LOVE this new series. Thanks Chris! (Emeraldknight47).
                                You're welcome. About to make my third trip to Hawkins, IN myself!
                                sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎