X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Captain Power the next wave?

What is it with the companies digging into old toy boxes for this years new items:

Readers of a certain age will remember ‘80s TV series Captain Power And The Soldiers Of The Future, a low-budget sci-fi in which a posse of futuristic troopers did battle with sentient machines, all while while trying not to knock over any of the shonky-looking sets. If so, you’ll be intrigued by Deadline’s scoop that this is the latest TV property to get the reboot treatment.

Captain Power’s new incarnation is called Phoenix Rising. It’s set 15 years after the original, 22-part series left off, with humanity defeated by the machines – in particular, an evil A.I. called Overmind – and planning a new revolt. The leader, Jonathan Power, is, in an extra Terminator-y twist, the son of the man who caused the original war.

The show, which has a new promo trailer in advance of Comic-Com, is the brainchild of original co-creator Gary Goddard, as well as Planet X’s Thomas Vitale and Craig Engler. "As fans of both science fiction and the Captain Power series, we’re excited to help reimagine this iconic TV show for today’s viewers,” runs Vitale and Engler’s statement. "Although the surprisingly dark themes, serialised storytelling and shocking character deaths featured within the series were well ahead of their time in 1987, they’re exactly the kind of story elements a modern viewing audience craves.”
    http://www.empireonline.com/movies/n...get-tv-reboot/

Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Here is the unaired promo to the show.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• monitor_ep
      Talkative Member
      • May 11, 2013

Am I the only one who remembers this show?
      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• Boris71
        GeekBot' For Life
        • May 13, 2007

Nope I remember it and the interactive toys that worked with the show looking forward to a reboot of it there was a lot of 80's/90"s shows that could be done well today
        Check out my Electronic Mag here Psycho Styrene Modeling Magazine

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎