X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blue Meanie
    Banned
    • Jun 23, 2001

Two different WOZ Dorothy Boxes...

I don't think that this is in the Gallery section...but there are 2 different boxes for Dorothy in the Wizard Of Oz (WOZ) line. Check it out:

Mine are thrashed...but I figured some that need to COLLECT THEM ALL would want to know. Lettering is different color on "Dorothy" and on the left side of the box one has a yellow brick road and the other doesn't. Same Catalog numbers and same back of the box. One does seem to be skinnier than the other.
  • Agent4125
    Museum Super Collector
    • Aug 23, 2007

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
    I don't think that this is in the Gallery section..
    It is in the Gallery, on this page: http://www.megomuseum.com/galleries/dorothy/

"...Package Variants: Like all of the other first series figures (except the Wizard),
    Dorothy is available in both the “plain green” and “yellow brick road” boxes.
    She was also available in a plastic header-carded baggie for clearance purposes (a rare end-run variant),
    as well as being included in the ultra-rare Emerald City Gift Set
    (along with the other six figures form series one)...."

There are pictures, too.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
      Banned
      • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by Agent4125
      It is in the Gallery, on this page: http://www.megomuseum.com/galleries/dorothy/

"...Package Variants: Like all of the other first series figures (except the Wizard),
      Dorothy is available in both the “plain green” and “yellow brick road” boxes.
      She was also available in a plastic header-carded baggie for clearance purposes (a rare end-run variant),
      as well as being included in the ultra-rare Emerald City Gift Set
      (along with the other six figures form series one)...."

There are pictures, too.
      Just saw this a few minutes ago...Yep, it's in the gallery. Oh well...just goes to show you I haven't even seen EVERYTHING here on the museum and I've been an active member since day 1 It's why I love this place.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I like the YBR versions. There are several Oz figural variants, too.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Fire Marshal Bill
          Career Member
          • Jul 25, 2010

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          I like the YBR versions. There are several Oz figural variants, too.
          I knew about the box variations. I believe the plain green boxes are first issue. Is the info on the figure variants on the museum or do you have another source that will explain the variations? I never knew this and am interested in learning more. About all I can think of is the Scarecrows hair variant. Thanks.
          Vintage Toy Rescue
          1614-B N State Hwy 161
          Grand Prairie, TX 75050
          (972) 740-4424

www.vintagetoyrescue.com

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Yes, the info is in the Dorothy gallery. There are shoe, buttons, and hair-ribbon variations; I would assume these might also be related to production runs related to the box changes.

Aside from Scarecrow's "straw", there is also a variation in the Lion's furry suit.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• tllgn
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 6, 2010

theres also a variant on the wicked witch .one that had broke her arm ,so when i removed the dress noticed she a black pelvis that are suppose to be underwear
              like dorothys which was molded in white earlier dorothys just had clothe undies ,see what you discover with a repair job .i guess most witchs were just all green.must have been a cost cutting thing .

Comment

• cjefferys
                Duke of Gloat
                • Apr 23, 2006

Yeah, the boxes with the Yellow Brick Road are second series boxes (probably came out around the same time as the Munchkins). That's why the Wizard is only found in this box, at first he was just sold with the Emerald City playset, by the time he was offered separately, the second series boxes were out (and since he was offered like this late in the series' run, also explains why he is hard to find boxed, like the Munchkins)

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

^Yes. Regarding the Witch and Dorothy colored pelvises, did this affect Glinda, too? My Witches are wearing Walton's tights...more demure when broom-flying side-saddle.

Comment

• tllgn
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 6, 2010

Yes Glenda did too. I once also replaced an arm on a Glenda once and she too was the same

Comment

• spidertick
                      • Apr 7, 2013

Here are a couple of pics of my Dorthy and Wizard figures.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎