Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NYC Mego Gathering Aug. 6th

How was your get-together?

Well, it ended up being rather intimate, just Ed/Samurainoir, Tom/WannabeMego and myself, but we still had a blast eating Japanese food and shooting the breeze. Plus Tom was a fantastic tour guide, showing Ed and I around with lots of stories, history and trivia of NYC to tell!

Images
    Blog Entries
    Tom and his wife were AMAZING hosts. We had a blast in NYC and packed in an incredible amount of touristy stuff for just two days, but I think Chris and I are both in agreement that the best part was just hanging out with Tom (and his family). We really regret not being able to co-ordinate with more people, but I think this really illustrates that you can capture that "Mego Meet" feeling with even just a few people going out to dinner or hanging around having a drink.

Wish we had more time to be able to visit other parts of area and other MM friends out in places like Brooklyn, Bronx etc. Hopefully next time, since there is so much more to see and do in the NYC area.

Images
    Blog Entries
    some highlights:

Katsu Hama is a terrific Japanese Restaurant in mid-town that Tom took us to.
    katsu.jpg

Meeting Rupert G at the Hello Deli next to the Ed Sullivan Theatre.
    rupert.jpg

Toy Tokyo
    tt.jpg

Star Wars costume exhibit at Discovery in Times Square
    boba.jpg

Sleep No More!
    sleep.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by samurainoir View Post
    We had a blast in NYC and packed in an incredible amount of touristy stuff for just two days, but I think Chris and I are both in agreement that the best part was just hanging out with Tom (and his family).
    Absolutely, I could just hang out taking to you guys all day!

Poor Rupert G, he's such a good sport. It was surreal walking into Hello Deli after seeing it on TV for years on Letterman.