• Relic
    Banned
    • Jun 24, 2012

Testing video

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

You would have better luck posting a list and breaking this up, the vintage stuff will sell easy, and probably the modern stuff you've recarded. Customs might be a hard sell.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• scifiguy94
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 18, 2009

Think you can see this without having to log in.
        Last edited by scifiguy94; Jul 24, '16, 3:53 PM.

Comment

• Relic
          Banned
          • Jun 24, 2012

Thank you scifiguy94 for posting my video

Comment

• scifiguy94
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 18, 2009

You're welcome.

Comment

• lv73nova
              Museum Patron
              • Mar 24, 2010

Good luck with your sale, I had to do the same thing years ago to buy back my original 74 Nova I had in high school... Found it for sale after selling it nearly 20 years earlier. Sometimes we have to bounce from one love in life to the next, nothing wrong with that, that is just how life is... Hope Hope Hope you get them sold before the car gets away, but if it does, never give up, there will be another! The hunt is part of the fun for any collector!

Comment

• Marvelmania
                A Ray of Sunshine
                • Jun 17, 2001

Your best bet will be to break them up. As a lot you'll never get your best dollar. Whatever is left put on CL or Ebay after your sell.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ again, what he said, you'd do better selling them off by the piece, heck, even loose as most won't care if Egghead is carded up on a generic card. A list of what there is would help too as your video was no help seeing what is there. I guess people are supposed to guess what the 173 figures are?
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Relic
                    Banned
                    • Jun 24, 2012

I have ALL of the original WGSH Megos from the 1970's except Batman. They are all from my childhood and are completely authentic and original except for the Lizards lab coat and Green Goblin sachel. They have all been recarded and display nicely. Isis was never opened and everything is perfect from the 70's. I also have all of the new retro Mattel Megos ( never opened) except for Yellow Sinestro. Also have MOST of the Retro Star Trek figures again never opened. I have a few Batman 66 figures recarded as well as lots and lots of customs. At 18 dollars a figure I am losing my shirt. This is a heck of a deal for someone who wants an instant collection

Comment

• Vinny0026
                      Year Five!!
                      • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by Relic
                      I have ALL of the original WGSH Megos from the 1970's except Batman. They are all from my childhood and are completely authentic and original except for the Lizards lab coat and Green Goblin sachel. They have all been recarded and display nicely. Isis was never opened and everything is perfect from the 70's. I also have all of the new retro Mattel Megos ( never opened) except for Yellow Sinestro. Also have MOST of the Retro Star Trek figures again never opened. I have a few Batman 66 figures recarded as well as lots and lots of customs. At 18 dollars a figure I am losing my shirt. This is a heck of a deal for someone who wants an instant collection
                      Sulu and Chekov go for big bucks - why would you sell those for 18? makes no sense
                      also the odds of you finding 1 buyer for that whole set are slim to none - especially if they have to have that stuff shipped or have to drive to Canada to pick it up.

I understand you rather have the 1 time sale - but odds are that will not happen - you would clearly do much better in the long run breaking it up - but they are your figures - so sell them as you see fit.

Again - I hate to see anyone lose money on anything. As a person who sells a lot of stuff - just the idea of shipping that as a whole lot makes me cringe - and if its going out of Canada its going to cost a ton of money.

You can sell most of them loose since most people will not even care about the clam shells and card backers. that will keep your shipping costs way down, and you will sell a ton of them fast. The common remake figure will be harder to move if the price and shipping are high - but if your originals are as minty as you say they are, and some of the other customs should sell pretty well and fast.

Good Luck with the sale
                      "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• TrekStar
                        Trek or Treat
                        • Jan 20, 2011

If you have (MOST) of the Retro Trek figures, Sulu and Chekov like mentioned are selling on eBay for big bucks
                        and if you have the retro Romulan carded, those are selling on eBay up to $200.00 dollars, the Gorn and Salt Vampire
                        are getting up on price too. You might want to research what these are selling on eBay for, and come up with a
                        reasonable price so you don't take an unnecessary hard hit in your wallet.

Comment

• Relic
                          Banned
                          • Jun 24, 2012

Weighing my options currently, I have already saved up 800 dollars just by cutting back a little. As far as retro Star Trek I have all of the figures except for Khan. As I think of it , I find it funny that every set I own is missing 1 figure to be complete.

Comment

• J.B.
                            Guild Navigator
                            • Jun 23, 2010

Best of luck. Bring it home in Big Bad Blue.

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

I'd choose that Javelin over those toys too...
                              sigpic

Comment

• lv73nova
                                Museum Patron
                                • Mar 24, 2010

If you were close I would buy the entire lot and keep what what I wanted and sell the rest and I am sure I would have a bunch for my collection for nothing... I like to sell and trade though and I have the time to do it that way. Some do not have that luxury, and if it was mine, I would want it all gone at once so the heartache of selling off just some wasn't there as a reminder..

Just my 2 cents...

good luck!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎