X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Star Trek Adult Coloring Books

The art in these looks great, but is it wrong my inner nerd calls foul on Yeoman Rand and Chekov being in the same image?

I think it's fitting that the TOS image is a warm one of the crew, while the TNG image is just the Enterprise-D in the cold vacuum of space. Speaks volumes.

I wonder if they'll visit a planet of clowns?

Chris
    sigpic
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

^I find the TNG crew to be just as engaging as TOS but in a different way.

Comment

• Brown Bear
      Still Old School
      • Feb 14, 2008

Very cool. Might buy this.
      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Although the TNG crew got more spotlight episodes to flesh out each of the crew, they were all too...nice. Too perfect. Too cold. This was Roddenberry's changed vision of Star Trek, first seen in TMP. Mankind had grown beyond its baser nature for the most part, and to my mind, lost much of their humanity in the process. I'll always prefer the more rough and tumble crew of TOS. I like TNG, but I just wish everyone would have lightened up a bit.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• huedell
          Museum Ball Eater
          • Dec 31, 2003

Ouch! Chris, your sentiment:
          Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
          ...is it wrong my inner nerd...
          as applied to your take:
          Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
          ...I think it's fitting that the TOS image is a warm one of the crew, while the TNG image is just the Enterprise-D in the cold vacuum of space. Speaks volumes...
          Had me thinking:
          Whether it's wrong or right, my inner nerd, in the epic ongoing nerd battle of TNG vs. TOS says: "I agree with this particular gentleman!"

Originally posted by enyawd72
          I find the TNG crew to be just as engaging as TOS but in a different way.
          That said: I don't mind a decent nerd battle here or there...or twice every 24 hours...

Cool coloring books btw.... a cool merch offering that all old franchises fanbases should have a taste of.... the production costs for a dang coloring book can't be that cost-prohibitive, I imagine. A neat spin-off thread from this one would be a poll on what classic franchises would people here at the MM most enjoy that treatment. A "What's Happening!!" adult coloring book comes to mind!
          "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• MysteryWho
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 16, 2008

There's no reason to think Rand and Chekov didn't serve together. As Kirk often pointed out for dramatic effect, there are over four hundred crewman aboard the Enterprise at any given time. Remember, Khan knew Chekov's face even though we never saw Chekov in Space Seed or the first season.

Comment

• Hedji
              Citizen of Gotham
              • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by enyawd72
              ^I find the TNG crew to be just as engaging as TOS but in a different way.
              I see what you did there. Make it so, Number One.

Comment

• LordMudd
                Persistent Member
                • Aug 22, 2011

But what if I want to change the shirt colors?

CCC.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

There's no reason to think Rand and Chekov didn't serve together. As Kirk often pointed out for dramatic effect, there are over four hundred crewman aboard the Enterprise at any given time. Remember, Khan knew Chekov's face even though we never saw Chekov in Space Seed or the first season.
                  Yeah, I know that. But it still makes my head hurt a bit....just like Khan recognizing Chekov.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• fallensaviour
                    Talkative Member
                    • Aug 28, 2006

That's a must have in my books,thanks for the heads up!
                    “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎