Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was your favorite Star Trek Theatrical movie ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

What was your favorite Star Trek Theatrical movie ?

For me it would be Search For Spock ......

Will give my opinions later after others have responded
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

Wrath would be an obvious choice, but I have a fondness for VI. Smaller scale, not too action-oriented, a bit of an Agatha Christie mystery, and great performances by a great cast.
    And also, the best director for ST movies, Nick Meyer. Now that is a man who totally got Star Trek, even without being a fan.
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• gummi
      Career Member
      • Dec 2, 2009

I can't believe I'm saying this, as I'm usually not a fan of remakes/reboots, but I think the 2009 Star Trek movie is the best of the franchise.
      "Trying is the first step towards failure." - H. J. Simpson, 1997

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

As much as I love Khan, I saw III in the theater first, and over the years, that one has really impressed me as just a great Star Trek story. Strong parallels to "The Menagerie" doesn't hurt it either.

And I LOVE Undiscovered Country. A great send-off to the real crew of the Enterprise. Also one of the first movies my wife Cindy and I went to see together, way back in High School.

So III or VI!

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

For me there is a string of them that I like to watch. Wrath of Khan is the essential Trek story for me, but it really necessitates watching Search to finalize that story. And after the heavy melodrama of those two, it's nice to decompress with Voyage. So when I'm in the mood, those are my essential fix.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by MIB41
            For me there is a string of them that I like to watch. Wrath of Khan is the essential Trek story for me, but it really necessitates watching Search to finalize that story. And after the heavy melodrama of those two, it's nice to decompress with Voyage. So when I'm in the mood, those are my essential fix.
            I am pretty much the same. those 3 movies are really 1 long story arc and flow well together

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
              I am pretty much the same. those 3 movies are really 1 long story arc and flow well together
              Agreed!
              sigpic

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                HULK SMASH!
                • Apr 3, 2010

For me, it's a close thing between The Wrath of Khan and The Motion Picture.
                Those are certainly my two favourite ST movies.
                PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• phil
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 11, 2007

Wrath of Khan. Opening night was one of the best times I've ever had at the movies. It's also one of favorite movies.

Comment

• TrekStar
                    Trek or Treat
                    • Jan 20, 2011

Wrath of Khan for me, my only disappointment with that movie was the fact Kirk and Khan never meet again
                    for a final confrontation one on one. Search for Spock is a close second and Generations was okay, at least in that
                    movie we got the Trekkies dream of what if Kirk met Picard?

Comment

• sprytel
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 26, 2009

Wrath of Khan. Although Voyage Home has a big ol' campy soft spot in my heart.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                        Muddling through
                        • Oct 4, 2008

i will also say that First Contact was a really well made movie and is by far the best of TNG movies. Generations was like a really long episode of the series. kinda boring really. Insurrection and Nemesis were just lame, although each did have it's good moments.

I loved ST6 but by that point I really felt the actors were too old and looked silly doing the action stuff. still it was a great sendoff for the original cast and I am grateful it was made

I do have a soft spot for TMP. first Trek movie, brought back all my childhood heroes. it's a bit long winded at times but really captures the essence of what Trek was all about

I enjoy the new movies and am glad Trek is continuing but they do not have the same magic for me that the original cast movies had

Comment

• phil
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 11, 2007

The Undiscovered Country runs a close second to Wrath of Khan for me.
                          Interesting that no one has picked The Final Frontier as their favorite. I wonder why?

Comment

• Brown Bear
                            Still Old School
                            • Feb 14, 2008

This is a well timed thread for me. I just bought the dvd collection with all six and was going to watch them again. I haven't seen them since I was a kid so I couldn't remember which ones I liked best. Interesting reading the comments.
                            Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                              Persistent Member
                              • Apr 28, 2013

Wrath of Khan for me, too! Such a great movie.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎