X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lv73nova
    Museum Patron
    • Mar 24, 2010

For Sale 1976 MOC purple card Aquaman

Up for sale is a very hard to find 1976 Aquaman. I am not really a carded figure collector so I would prefer to sell and use the money to work on my Mint loose figure collection. Unfortunately the card is a bit beaten up but figure is mint and has never been removed. There are many creases and the buble is coming loose at the bottom and up the inside corner a bit, but not enough to have ever had him off the card.
    I would prefer to offer him up here before I auction him off. Have not done any business on here in awhile but have sold and bought many items over the years. Unfortunately I have no clue what he his worth in his condition.... I see the 79 version just sold on Hakes for over $6500, but card was mint unpunched... These are so rare I can't find much about a value and I guess its what someone wants to pay. Please Pm me or post on here if you have an idea of a fair market value or want to make an offer for him.
    Thanks in Advance,
    Steve

Attached Files
  • Grüner Pfeil
    Teen Titan
    • Feb 21, 2016

What about $30? This sure was a great deal!

Comment

• lv73nova
      Museum Patron
      • Mar 24, 2010

No doubt... Got lucky for once on ebay, just happened to look and it was there, didn't hesitate to bid... LOL Any idea of a value in its condition??? I was thinking about just putting it up and waiting till just around Christmas or tax time and auction it off that way... I just know I can have a bunch of nice loose figures I can enjoy more than this one on a card... If I had the money to buy a bunch more it would be one thing, but they are way over my spending limits...

Comment

• Grüner Pfeil
        Teen Titan
        • Feb 21, 2016

Originally posted by lv73nova
        No doubt... Got lucky for once on ebay, just happened to look and it was there, didn't hesitate to bid... LOL Any idea of a value in its condition??? I was thinking about just putting it up and waiting till just around Christmas or tax time and auction it off that way... I just know I can have a bunch of nice loose figures I can enjoy more than this one on a card... If I had the money to buy a bunch more it would be one thing, but they are way over my spending limits...
        Well, if I had the money, I'd pay you $1000 to $1500 but not more than $2000 because of the water damage, the bent corners and the pricetags.
        You're right, the best time to sell this nice piece would be around Christmas when everyone who knows a Mego collector or has one in the family tries to get a special present for him/her. Just one question: Why didn't you buy the carded Superman and Robin?

Comment

• lv73nova
          Museum Patron
          • Mar 24, 2010

I saw them but they ended rather quickly... LOL, lucky to get the one i did I guess. Was mad at first but guess I got the better of the three.... lol

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
            70's Era Pimp
            • Sep 7, 2011

Originally posted by lv73nova
            I saw them but they ended rather quickly... LOL, lucky to get the one i did I guess. Was mad at first but guess I got the better of the three.... lol
            Exactly. I learned a long time ago to just be happy to get what I get. Getting upset over lost opportunities really gets you nowhere. Enjoy the successes!

Comment

• Vinny0026
              Year Five!!
              • Jan 26, 2012

Great score on your part! - I was wondering if the seller was going to let it go and not try to resell - as that has happened many times in the past with deal like this on ebay.
              Summer is a tuff sale for big ticket items. People broke from vacations, or from having the kids home all day.

No doubt it is better to sell him nov, dec when people are on line shopping all day.
              Good luck with your sale.
              "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• osker55
                Booyaaa
                • Aug 8, 2011

Dang a 30 dollar aquaman you lucky guy
                Wants....

AHI wolfman mint hairy Version
                AHI wolfman moc
                Lincoln Wolfman and Mummy
                Kresge moc WGSH
                Other stuff to update

Comment

• VintageMike
                  Permanent Member
                  • Dec 16, 2004

A few notes on the FMV that hopefully help.

As rare as this is, the '79 version is much rarer, so is not quite a fair comparison.

Hakes sold a nicer condition of the one you have for a little for $3,400 a few years back. Link below. On the high end, I think you could still get $2000 from the right collector since there so few of these to fill the demand. $1500 would be fair IMO with the damage. I also think these types of items buck the yearly trends. Look no further than how much was spent at the most recent Hake's auction. Hopefully this more helpful than confusing!

Comment

• lv73nova
                    Museum Patron
                    • Mar 24, 2010

Vinny0026 I have to say I was worried I was going to get a message from seller that something happened to it and it got damaged or something to that extent and back out... thanks to everyone that did see it sell so cheap for not messaging the seller, I mean in a way I feel bad, but in another he should have done his homework better IMO.
                    Always nice to still find a deal now and then... (a very good deal I might say) Its what keeps us all looking, have to say its the best score i have ever found! I was going to move it quick to free up cash for loose figures, but I really don't need to so may just hold it till December- February and try and hit the Christmas or tax time folks up... LOL

Thanks for input everyone!

Comment

• lv73nova
                      Museum Patron
                      • Mar 24, 2010

Sent you a PM Tom L about the Aquaman

Comment

• lv73nova
                        Museum Patron
                        • Mar 24, 2010

bump before ebay this evening..

Comment