• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megowgsh
    Customego HoF Curator
    • Nov 19, 2003

Nightwing - New Teen Titans pictures and review

I love this figure.

Originally, the plan was to get this figure and completely disassemble it. I was going to replace the head with an enlarged DC Direct head, trim the collar, and completely un-stitch the suit and replace the black with a navy blue. But, after having this figure in hand I am not going to do a thing to him.

When I think how "off" the figures were in Mego's WGSH line (like Captain America) I cannot quibble with a collar being slightly large or a mouth being open.

I hope the pictures persuade you to purchase this figure.

Peace, Love, and Megos!

Austin
    Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms
  • tllgn
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 6, 2010

I also got Night wing the other day,again like sivana ,this is a nice figure ,not a big fan of the plug-in boots and gloves ,but a very nice figure .the detail
    is extremely good .as your pics show.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Not bad. The head looks kinda Perez, but that oversized collar looks more like Eduardo Baretto, who took over the title as permanent penciler after Perez left. Jose Luis Garcia Lopez (Praise Be His Name) drew it a little larger than Perez, even in the style guide shots, but not quite THIS big. But still, a nice figure, proving FTC can do fine work when they just slow down and oversee some QC.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• rodkeith
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 16, 2008

I think he turned out great. The costume details are well done, head's a good size, and the open mouth choice looks a lot better than on the original proto photos. While the collar is a tad big, I guess if it really bothers me in person, I can use an Exacto knife and a ruler, and cut it down. I don't think it'll be worth the effort though. Thanks for the pix! Hope the other NTT came out as well.

Comment

• Figure8
          Museum Patron
          • May 18, 2016

Originally posted by tllgn
          I also got Night wing the other day,again like sivana ,this is a nice figure ,not a big fan of the plug-in boots and gloves ,but a very nice figure .the detail
          He looks really nice. But I also think classic boots would have worked very well with this figure.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 4, 2011

This figure looks great. The only think I will do when I get mine is replace the boots with classic hero boots.

Comment

• sprytel
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 26, 2009

Not perfect, but certainly one of their better executions.

Comment

• TRDouble
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 10, 2012

He came out really, really good. I am not a big fan of the plug-in boots, but I think they work well here. The vinyl gives the figure a modern, updated appearance without sacrificing the Mego feel of it.

Originally posted by tllgn
                The gloves don't look like the regular plug-in gloves we have seen before, but they do look like they are a one piece design. Is this a new plug-in glove design? If it is, it looks like they fixed my biggest issue with them and that is the size of the hands.

If the body is not a mess, I may just keep him on the body he came with. Is he using a regular adult body or the Korak slim body?

Comment

• harvestcrusader
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Jul 10, 2015

I like that - looks great to me

Comment

• Boywonder0
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 29, 2007

Thanks for the pictures big guy! Nightwing looks awesome! Another home run from FTC!

Comment

• MIB41
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Sep 25, 2005

Wow! Another home run! Oh man they have GOT to increase the size now on the original four. They would look so good with these!!!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Nightwing looks good to me, though I'd also switch the boots.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ScottA
                          Original Member
                          • Jun 25, 2001

I love the figure but why not paint the cuffs black as in the promo pics?
                          sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• warlock664
                            Persistent Member
                            • Feb 15, 2009

These do look nice, but I'm not a fan of plug-in boots (or gloves, for that matter). Seems un-Megoey.

Comment

• darkbros
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 3, 2012

Hmm, I take back what I said about this figure...he actually looks BETTER than the protoypes....
                              Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                              https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                              ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                              "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎