• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

New Micronauts character descriptions

micron.jpg

I have to admit, I understand why they can't use the Marvel comics iterations, but somehow it just doesn't seem to same to me without Rann, Mari, Bugg. these seem even further from the original version than the Devil's Due attempt at reviving the property.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

I don't like the art.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
      Persistent Member
      • Apr 28, 2013

I think it will take a while for me to get used to the art. The first issue was really hit and miss on the art and Biotron would be drawn different sizes depending on what the situation required (that was the 2nd issue, I think). Not a huge fan of a lot of the designs but I am sticking with it, and hope it improves. The last series was going in the right direction when the characters got their chrome heads.
      STK217028.jpg

Comment

• Godzilla
        Permanent Member
        • Nov 3, 2002

I think it's ok and I'm going to ride with it and see where it goes.
        Mortui Vivos Docent
        The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• samurainoir
          Eloquent Member
          • Dec 26, 2006

old school!

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

toy variants

Last edited by samurainoir; Jul 18, '16, 10:15 PM.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
              Persistent Member
              • Apr 28, 2013

I was going to get the Broderick cover but it was $10 at my local shop so I passed on that!

Comment

• samurainoir
                Eloquent Member
                • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by Starroid Raiders Dagon
                I was going to get the Broderick cover but it was $10 at my local shop so I passed on that!
                I was really keen on picking up the Michael Golden one, but it's upwards of $100. Insanity.

Comment

• Ninersphan1
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jul 27, 2009

Anyone else refreshing Hasbro's shop at home to see when/if the SDCC set will go up?

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                    Persistent Member
                    • Apr 28, 2013

Originally posted by Ninersphan1
                    Anyone else refreshing Hasbro's shop at home to see when/if the SDCC set will go up?

Have they mentioned when they might be available online? I havent seen anything online, yet. I signed up a couple of weeks ago in hopes of getting a set.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                      Wake Up Heavy
                      • Jan 31, 2010

Originally posted by Ninersphan1
                      Yessirree.
                      Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Jan 19, 2008

What the hell? Hasbro says $34.99 retail. I thought they were $49.99 at comic-con. Does anybody know the actual price?

Comment

• MRP
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                          What the hell? Hasbro says $34.99 retail. I thought they were $49.99 at comic-con. Does anybody know the actual price?
                          Just hearsay, but I was talking to a dealer at the Ohio Toy & Comic Show on Sunday who did a lot of Micronauts (I bought 3 pieces from him), and I asked him if he was getting the SDCC exclusive, and he said he had a friend there getting it for him. He mentioned his friend said they knocked about $10 off the price after the Hasbro breakfast because of a lot of sticker shock/price resistance negative feedback and slower than expected initial sales. The photos I saw from the info card at the breakfast had $49.99, so they may have lowered retail after that to try to speed up sales. Again, just hearsay and speculation. It may have been part of their plan all along or the dealer could have been pulling stuff out of his butt, but he seemed fairly knowledgeable all around on stuff, so I don't know.

-M
                          "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• MRP
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 19, 2016

I did just find a note on Toyark saying the SDCC exclusives will go up on the Hasbrotoyshop on August 9th though

http://news.toyark.com/2016/07/26/ha...es-info-216332

An update to the FAQ on HasbroToyShop.com reveals details on the sales of San Diego Comic-Con 2016 Exclusives. They will be putting the items up for sale beginning on August 9th. Check out the details below:

When will the Comic Con exclusives be available on the site?
                            Although subject to change, we are planning on having the Convention Exclusives available to order on Tuesday, August 9th.The product will be located in the EXCLUSIVES category. No phone orders will be accepted. All Convention Exclusives are excluded from any promotions and discounts.

What will the limits be for the figures?
                            The limits will be the same at the show and on the site once they go live. These limits are per person and per household.

Can I get on a waiting list for Comic Con items?
                            No, HasbroToyShop.com does not have a waiting list for any items including Comic Con items.

Can I preorder Comic Con items?
                            No. We will not be preselling the Comic Con items.

So, keep your refresh buttons clean and brush up on your typing skills. Chances are, these will sell out very quickly once they are live.
                            -M
                            "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• MRP
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 19, 2016

Well they went live at the Hasbro Toyshop and are sold out. I wasn't quick or lucky enough to get one.

-M

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎