X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lilbrosj66
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by MIB41
    I think what stands out the most (and what has been showing lately on some of the new heads) is a kind of unfinished surface on some of these sculpts. You can see the remnants of the process to make the head such as the edges on the ears, nose, and brow that are not rounded out, in addition to the tooling pock marks and excess clay indications where the surface did not get smoothed down sufficiently. It really looks like an initial stage prototype instead of a final piece intended for casting. I noticed that too on the Batgirl head. Not so much on the face, but under the jawline and of course the screw up in where the neck insert was suppose to go. There seems to be something of a hurried feel to a few of these or someone not looking closely enough before signing off on them to go to factory. As many figures as they pump out, this could be symptomatic of the volume getting too high allowing for a few to get through not finished as ideally as they normally would.
    Same thing for me on the Batgirl 66 head. Just plain sloppy and unfinished.

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

Wow that looks like it was done by someone who had a little too much to drink the night before, yikes!

Comment

• jayraytee
        Career Member
        • May 27, 2011

High quantity, high price and low quality is the mark of a company trying to make fast money but will not last long in the market they are in and maybe they know it.
        My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• rodkeith
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 16, 2008

I think what bothers me most about the FTC Martian Manhunter is not only the head size, but the different tones of green between his head and torso and legs. It doesn't show in the promo pics but is glaringly obvious in hand.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎