X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Official Batman Battery Operated Zoom Cycle

I lucked out recently and found this awesome piece of AHI Batman goodness locally for a decent price. So, I thought it would be wonderful time to showcase it a little here. More after the jump!

First off, I love that box art, we live in an age of regulated style guides where the brand has to have a certain sameness. I've actually worked on Batman merchandise and seeing a box this wonderful and unique unto itself makes me happy.

The Toy itself is a step above from the usual AHI Rack Toys and it needs batteries, to be exact, three D batteries. I don't have any of those.

The insides are pretty basic but I love the Batman figure and Zoom Cycle itself.

Not every character deserves the Evel Knievel treatment but Batman always does.

Speaking of ZoomCycles if anyone has this one for sale, PLEASE CONTACT ME! I know it's out there.

More AHI Batman:

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

Hey Brian,

They do still sell D sized batteries, b/c I use them in my vintage battery operated dolls.
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• jwyblejr
      galactic yo-yo
      • Apr 6, 2006

Man,if they had used those cycles on the POTA TV series that show would have never gotten canceled. "On tonight's episode watch the dramatic race between Dr. Zaius and Galen."

Comment

• ScottA
        Original Member
        • Jun 25, 2001

Very cool. I don't think I've ever seen the actual toy with the lid off before. I like it.
        sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Who knew Dr. Zaius was such a daredevil? Great stuff.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Wow, that's the first time I'd seen one up close too. Much nicer than I thought! I had one of the cheaper AHI Spidey stunt bikes. Much cruder looking than this. This one reminds me a bit of the large Corgi Batcyle figure.

We got "D" batteries floating around the house in a few large flashlights. You don't see them used in much anymore.

Thanks for sharing...as always!

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• Confessional
              Maker & Whatnot
              • Aug 8, 2012

Oh yeah there's a *few* of us who have been searching for those Apezooms for a long time. MIB is an epic mythical legend! A loose one did come through Ebay in the past 6 months… if I recall in the $300 range.

With all the cheap toys AHI pushed out over the years, it remains strange to me some of the POTA stuff (helicopter, cycles, battery-op horses) is so damn hard to find. But hey, if you want a Mr. Kotter desk accessory, that's readily available! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Rare...MAAOSwNuxXZjXE
              Last edited by Confessional; Jul 15, '16, 9:48 AM. Reason: … grumble grumble grumble!

Comment

• comicmike
                Persistent Member
                • Sep 22, 2009

That's so wonderful. I had the Batman Gyro Stuntcycle version when I was a kid (from Zellers). Man, how I loved that thing. That rubber Batman body always had specific chemical smell...ahh, memories! I am curious if this one too has the slitted bendable armpits:I easily tore the arms off of mine from so much play! And as for D-batteries, Dollarama is your best friend!

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

Very cool, the Zaius is halirious.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                    Museum Paramedic
                    • Aug 31, 2005

That's really neat! Looks like a lot of fun!

- Ian
                    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎