Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo to release new classic NES system with 30 built in games.

Quote Originally Posted by mazinz View Post
    while this is neat, way too much money (I saw it mentioned selling for $60.00) 30 games, nope- give something like 70 games and you can charge 60 for it. I will stick with the emulators, which I can hook into the tv and play thousands of games for the cost of nothing
    It comes out to $2 per game. Some of those games you can't buy for $2 for an original NES let alone even find them.

I don't even need one but I'll buy it because $60 is a good deal.

-Chris

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by megomania View Post
    It comes out to $2 per game. Some of those games you can't buy for $2 for an original NES let alone even find them.

I don't even need one but I'll buy it because $60 is a good deal.

-Chris
    Same here... easy purchase for many old school video game fans... and I'll add to that by saying... dangit if those "program" emulators mazinz brought up, awesome as they can be, have proven to be "messy" for me over the years----I still don't have the ideal set up for any given version of MAME... while solid module game systems (like this Nintendo one appears to be---and an emulator of its own sort) exponentially simplify set-up/play, etc.
    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Quote Originally Posted by huedell View Post
    Same here... easy purchase for many old school video game fans... and I'll add to that by saying... dangit if those "program" emulators mazinz brought up, awesome as they can be, have proven to be "messy" for me over the years----I still don't have the ideal set up for any given version of MAME... while solid module game systems (like this Nintendo one appears to be---and an emulator of its own sort) exponentially simplify set-up/play, etc.
    Hey we agreed on something! :-)

I would also love mini SNES and N64 Systems!

I wonder if the new Nintendo NX system coming March 2017 will have a live streaming subscription service for previous Nintendo systems games like Playstation Now does?

Images
    Sold out in 1 day. That's impressive.

Images
    We were able to get one for my 8 year old for Christmas at Gamestop on Friday. He loves everything nostalgia.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jwyblejr View Post
    Sold out in 1 day. That's impressive.
    I don't know if that's the word. Nintendo seriously under stocked retail (Wal-Marts getting 8 units) to create a buzz and the scalpers descended like the plague. I heard stories of fights and lots of other under handed tactics. Sleazy as hell.

I totally wanted one but seeing people sell them for $800 online turned me right off. My family will not be purchasing one when they come back in stock. Social media backlash on Nintendo is not good.

Also, trying to name Veteran's Day "Nintendo Day" was an epic fail IMHO.

Images
    I totally missed all this, but Cindy told me about it. She planned to get me one for my upcoming birthday in early December.

That was low about Veteran's Day. Way to go Mario.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Blog Entries
    People waited all morning in long lines to find big box stores only had a dozen units.

It's not insulin but still, nobody likes to feel like they are getting played either.

Images
    It sucks that the supply is not there for consumers, but there are some cool Retro consoles for Sega Genesis, including a hand held one with 80 games, as well as Atari and Colecovision for those who are not strictly interested in Nintendo games.