Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nintendo to release new classic NES system with 30 built in games.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

trash if you can't play your old carts to me
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Commercial.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

That ad gets you right where it counts!

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• huedell
          Museum Ball Eater
          • Dec 31, 2003

I'd buy it for Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, and DK Jr. alone.
          "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• jacoblb
            Persistent Member
            • May 7, 2009

I'm getting it too despite owning many of the games on my Wii and Wii U systems. I understand why Nintendo chose the games they did, but it's too bad they didn't consider making a system where folks can add more.

Whenever i go inside shops like Zia's I see them selling systems that allow folks to play NES and SNES cartridge games. As much as I love Nintendo they've been making bonehead mistakes forever from allowing substandard 3rd party games and specifically making gaming systems that weren't backwards compatible in addition to systems thst aren't state of the art. Nintendo was slow to transition from cartridge to disc media.

Comment

• megomania
              Persistent Member
              • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by mazinz
              while this is neat, way too much money (I saw it mentioned selling for $60.00) 30 games, nope- give something like 70 games and you can charge 60 for it. I will stick with the emulators, which I can hook into the tv and play thousands of games for the cost of nothing
              It comes out to $2 per game. Some of those games you can't buy for $2 for an original NES let alone even find them.

I don't even need one but I'll buy it because $60 is a good deal.

-Chris

Comment

• huedell
                Museum Ball Eater
                • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by megomania
                It comes out to $2 per game. Some of those games you can't buy for $2 for an original NES let alone even find them.

I don't even need one but I'll buy it because $60 is a good deal.

-Chris
                Same here... easy purchase for many old school video game fans... and I'll add to that by saying... dangit if those "program" emulators mazinz brought up, awesome as they can be, have proven to be "messy" for me over the years----I still don't have the ideal set up for any given version of MAME... while solid module game systems (like this Nintendo one appears to be---and an emulator of its own sort) exponentially simplify set-up/play, etc.
                "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• megomania
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by huedell
                  Same here... easy purchase for many old school video game fans... and I'll add to that by saying... dangit if those "program" emulators mazinz brought up, awesome as they can be, have proven to be "messy" for me over the years----I still don't have the ideal set up for any given version of MAME... while solid module game systems (like this Nintendo one appears to be---and an emulator of its own sort) exponentially simplify set-up/play, etc.
                  Hey we agreed on something! :-)

Comment

• ovenmitt
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 26, 2009

I would also love mini SNES and N64 Systems!

I wonder if the new Nintendo NX system coming March 2017 will have a live streaming subscription service for previous Nintendo systems games like Playstation Now does?

Comment

• jwyblejr
                      galactic yo-yo
                      • Apr 6, 2006

Sold out in 1 day. That's impressive.

Comment

• drquest
                        ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                        • Apr 17, 2012

We were able to get one for my 8 year old for Christmas at Gamestop on Friday. He loves everything nostalgia.
                        Danny(Drquest)
                        Captain Action HQ
                        Retro shirts and stuff
                        More retro shirts
                        Stuff For Sale

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                          Sold out in 1 day. That's impressive.
                          I don't know if that's the word. Nintendo seriously under stocked retail (Wal-Marts getting 8 units) to create a buzz and the scalpers descended like the plague. I heard stories of fights and lots of other under handed tactics. Sleazy as hell.

I totally wanted one but seeing people sell them for $800 online turned me right off. My family will not be purchasing one when they come back in stock. Social media backlash on Nintendo is not good.

Also, trying to name Veteran's Day "Nintendo Day" was an epic fail IMHO.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

I totally missed all this, but Cindy told me about it. She planned to get me one for my upcoming birthday in early December.

That was low about Veteran's Day. Way to go Mario.

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                              • Jun 16, 2001

People waited all morning in long lines to find big box stores only had a dozen units.

It's not insulin but still, nobody likes to feel like they are getting played either.
                              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Spyweb007
                                Persistent Member
                                • Apr 18, 2006

It sucks that the supply is not there for consumers, but there are some cool Retro consoles for Sega Genesis, including a hand held one with 80 games, as well as Atari and Colecovision for those who are not strictly interested in Nintendo games.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎