Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nintendo to release new classic NES system with 30 built in games.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Nintendo to release new classic NES system with 30 built in games.

I am so getting this.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Great googly moogly! I think I need this...and I'm not even much of a gamer!

I only wish they had ExciteBike on this.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• cjefferys
      Duke of Gloat
      • Apr 23, 2006

Sold! Man, if this sells well maybe they'll make a Super NES version, I'd buy one of those in a heartbeat too.

Comment

• TomStrong
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 22, 2011

I'm going to have to have one of these!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

this will definitely be on my buy list

Comment

• cockyhoskins
            Career Member
            • Jan 13, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            Great googly moogly! I think I need this...and I'm not even much of a gamer!

I only wish they had ExciteBike on this.

Chris
            The article linked above states that ExciteBike is indeed included. Hopefully so!

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Yep, Excite Bike is included.

Without a doubt this has the best line up of games of any of these plug and play types of retro systems. Only 30 games but no filler. Final Fantasy, Castlevania, Metroid, Pacman, Kirby's Adventure, Donkey Kong, The Super Mario games, Legend of Zelda, etc. These are all classics.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, I just re-read it and saw that! I loved the NES version, but a local pizza joint in town had the table top version...and that was even better!

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• ovenmitt
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 26, 2009

I got my NES 30 years ago Summer 1986 when I was 16 at a Target in Little Rock, AR! I unfortunately bought the ROB the Robot system package. ROB was Nintendo Trojan horse to get stores interested in video games again. Nintendo only made 2 ROB games. My NES did not come with Super Mario Bros and I would not play it until a couple years later and find out it was best NES Game! My NES did come with Duck Hunt and light gun my whole family loved! I also bought Donkey Kong Junior.

So, of course I'm getting this new mini NES for $60 and 30 classic games! Hope next version has Duck Hunt and light gun but not ROB!

Comment

• megomania
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jan 2, 2010

Still have my original NES, set up on a classic wood-grain panel 13" color TV.

Already have most of these games but will probably buy this for the kid.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

I think I got mine in 1987, and by that time, ROB was out and Super Mario was in. I also got Duck Hunt and the light gun, which was the only Nintendo game my Dad played, until we got the Wii at our house and had him trie out bowling.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• fallensaviour
                        Talkative Member
                        • Aug 28, 2006

Even my wife wants this system...lol
                        “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Nintendo has an official page up. It really is a thing of beauty. I can see this selling VERY well this holiday.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                            Wake Up Heavy
                            • Jan 31, 2010

I'm getting this, and I'm not even close to being a gamer. I'll just have to buy an extra controller for my kiddo.
                            Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• mazinz
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 2, 2007

while this is neat, way too much money (I saw it mentioned selling for $60.00) 30 games, nope- give something like 70 games and you can charge 60 for it. I will stick with the emulators, which I can hook into the tv and play thousands of games for the cost of nothing
                              "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎