• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marbkwds
    Da Bronx Mego Collector
    • May 10, 2005

Need help to identify this NINJA figure

Hello All
    I know it has been a long time since I posted here but I have been slowly selling my Mego and Mego-Like collection and have decided to keep my Lion Rock war figures to display proudly ... Long story short .... While on the Thrill of the hunt looking for the ever elusive Russian Soldier ( Which I now have 2 of ) I came across an off white almost cream/tan Ninja figure listed as a Lion Rock Ninja .... It has black plastic boots like the Japanese Lion Rock Officer and the clothes are a really good stitch and quality sort of like original Lion Rocks ..... the figure itself seems to be on a knock off Lion Rock body as the writing normally stamped on the figures back has been smoothed away .
    Attached Files
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

That's very nice--great detailing. I know of some 8" knock-off ninjas, but this smaller one is new to me.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

You said it was listed as a Lion Rock Ninja? was it loose and the seller assumed it was a Ninja or was in still sealed
      on the card and the card art said Ninja?

It might not even be a Ninja? it could be an Arab desert soldier? I'm not a Lion Rock expert, I would have to
      look it up and see if Lion Rock sold any Ninjas figures.

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

I wonder if it's the Ninja counterpart to the Fleetwood "The Patriot" doll, that also used the LionRock body.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• marbkwds
          Da Bronx Mego Collector
          • May 10, 2005

It is def a Ninja and it came loose , It was described as a Lion Rock Ninja .... The clothing is not cheaply thrown together it is of decent quality and attention to details are pretty good ... better than the knock off war hero clothing ... there is stitching around the eye hole on his mask and rubberband stitched in around the neck to hold the hood into shape.....and if you look closely to the arm he has 3/4" sleeves and then has arm guards with rubber band sewn in to cover the edge of the sleeve and go down to cover the hands to the start of his fingers .... Lastly there is a small gold chain with a medallion on it .... I wiil try to take good pictures of it cause it has something on it but neither my wife or I copuld figure out what it is .... Thanks for the help fellas

Comment

• scifiguy94
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 18, 2009

I remember seeing him for sale and wondered about him too. Someone had one on FB a while back (Megomania, I think) asking about him. Was that you too?

Comment

• marbkwds
              Da Bronx Mego Collector
              • May 10, 2005

Ok , So I never did find out much about this figure and the reason for me raising this post up from the dead is because I just got another one . It is the same figure , only this one did not have the medallion or the bow and sword. The clothing is of the same genuine military lion rock figures but oddly enough both bodies have the lettering on the upper back of the body removed like knock off figures .... There has been and will always be a rift in the force until I find out the facts of these figures ....

s-l1600 (74).jpg
              Attached Files

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Ninja is likely from the Patriot line from Fleetwood toys.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎