X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• dumbldor
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 9, 2002

I still have a huge collection from when I was a kid. Kept them for my kids to read. Will post a picture some time.

Loved CYOA, Interplanetary Spy, Time Machine, Endless Quest. Which Way kind of sucked.

Comment

• cjefferys
        Duke of Gloat
        • Apr 23, 2006

Not trying to threadcrap, but for some reason I never got into these kinds of books. I was a voracious reader as a kid (well, I still am), but I just preferred reading straight forward regular books, I didn't want to choose, I wanted the author to lead me.

Comment

• samurainoir
          Eloquent Member
          • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by cjefferys
          Not trying to threadcrap, but for some reason I never got into these kinds of books. I was a voracious reader as a kid (well, I still am), but I just preferred reading straight forward regular books, I didn't want to choose, I wanted the author to lead me.
          I'll admit that the way I read these as a kid was a form of obsessive madness in retrospect. I would read the entire book. Every single possibility, all the branches that were possible. I had an entire system of small pieces of paper I used as bookmarks that allowed me to continually backtrack until I had read the entire book and all the possible outcomes.

I read pretty much all the 120 or so Choose Your Own Adventures that were out at the time, when I was a kid. I think at a certain point they were churning them out a handful a month.

hard pressed to remember much about any of them all these years later.

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by dumbldor
            Which Way kind of sucked.
            Totally agree. although I read a bunch of them anyways.

Comment

• Mr. Hollywood
              Museum Super Collector
              • Nov 29, 2012

Love these books! I myself have almost all the Indiana Jones versions. Starting reading with my daughter, they are great!

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎