X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

JMS discusses writing Babylon 5

loved seasons 2-4 of this series at the time. Feeling the need to revisit.

the CGI effects might feel dated, but this show was a game changer.

“The characters do the work for me.” Straczynski on Babylon 5
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

no doubt, seasons 2-4 were great. although S4 petered out towards the end once they had defeated the shadows. the whole psychic war bit was really boring, even though it was alluded to throughout the series. the shadow war was the exciting storyline. S5 really sucked. I think a combo of boring storyline and the move to a new channel for that last season did it, what was it? TNT? I own only the 3 good seasons, although there were a few good episodes in S1, mostly towards the end of the season

Comment

• JediJaida
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 14, 2008

Yeah, Season 5 was a bit of a let down for me. Here I was, looking forward to a major showdown between Londo and his nemesis, G'Kar. And what did I get? Zip. There was only an allusion to it in the final episode, and after that, nothing.
      JediJaida

Comment

• samurainoir
        Eloquent Member
        • Dec 26, 2006

Season 1 suffered growing pains as well as a really uncharismatic lead, which they righted with the addition of Bruce Boxleitner in season 2.

I believe that with the uncertainty that season 5 would happen given the dismantling of the network (was it UPN?), JMS wrapped up as much of the main arc storyline as possible and shot the final episode (which was set in the future anyways). When season 5 was actually picked up, (By TNT... they also picked up the first episode of Crusade IIRC) they pulled the final episode, saving it to air at the end of season 5, and then proceeded with the last season with many of the plotlines which were meant to run longer already resolved. (my memory isn't that great, so someone correct me if I am misremembering).
        Last edited by samurainoir; Jul 4, '16, 11:25 PM.
        My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎