X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
    I'm confused because the figure looks all sculpted. Honestly, the Imaginext jet is cuter.
    The 12 inch budget dolls have sculpted on clothes and the smaller figures don't have rooted hair.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• huedell
      Museum Ball Eater
      • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      I'm confused because the figure looks all sculpted. Honestly, the Imaginext jet is cuter.
      Because it's 12-inch scaled, I'm thinking it could look pretty good with an 8 inch Mego in it???

Maybe excise the yellow parts somehow?

That said, it's only a one seater....THAT said: So was the Mego CAH Jet.
      "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• hedrap
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 10, 2009

Starfire is available at Mattel Shop is anyone is looking for it...

Comment

• Bronxboykev
          Permanent Member
          • Mar 7, 2011

Thanks for the Heads up just order 2!

Comment

• hedrap
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 10, 2009

Found Katana figure at a TRU today.

You can aslo order the SDCC Katana Doll from Mattycollector's closing sale - for 20!

Comment

• jacoblb
              Persistent Member
              • May 7, 2009

Thanks for the heads up. I placed an order at Mattel & at Matty.

At Mattel I ordered Starfire. I considered getting an additional item(s) to qualify for the free shipping by spending upwards of $40 but I just couldn't find enough product to make it worth while. My kids aren't into dolls anymore and asked that I no longer buy them Monster High. The Mega Blocks and other things like Hot Wheels didn't have anything I'd want. I'm picky about Hot Wheels. I'll buy 007, the actual BeatlesYellow Submarine, or other 80s TV show vehicles. Under the Barbie brand I looked at the $36 Star Trek figures. I only liked Uhura. Nimoy & Kirk had an effeminate look. I already have 12" Playmate Star Trek dolls that look great to me. Wonder Woman was sold out from the 12" Dawn of Justice line. Superman was available on sale and cheaper than Batman. Bruce Wayne looked like Ben Affleck. The cowl looks very odd to me. I've seen Noel Cruz touch up the Dawn of Justice dolls to look even more like the actors!

But....
              Matty had Superman even cheaper so I placed my order with Matty rather than Mattel. Imagine that. Both places selling the same figure but at different costs and owned by the same manufacturer.

Bottom line: Starfire alone was $20 after nearly $10 for shipping. In the end, the same retail price the other dolls go for so I was okay with it.

At Matty, after shipping and sales tax, I spent close to $60 for Katana and Superman. Buyer beware. Check both sites to make sure you get the better deal.

Comment

• BlackKnight
                The DarkSide Customizer
                • Apr 16, 2005

There's a couple of these under me tree
                ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• hedrap
                  Permanent Member
                  • Feb 10, 2009

Jacob -you're right about that. The MOTUC people were bouncing between Matty, MattelShop and the Mattel eBay store! They all had different inventories and pricing.

We lucked out this week. TRU is the only one to carry the Katana figure and my wife stabled upon it after I had stopped once a week to a few stores. The second wave of Lego DCSHG is also out at TRU.

Comment

• jacoblb
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 7, 2009

Ok, got my Matty Katana & Superman last Saturday. The Katana figure is boxed away, layered, inside a huge box with an exceptional display. The next step is to open, pulling a tab to the side, that is, the Japanese screen panel, shōji , and one can see Katana inside her dojo with her weapons. Way cool.
                    20170105_224054C.jpg

I ordered Katana & Starfire on the same day, but shipping arrival was very different between Matty and Mattel. Plus, my order was botched by Mattel. I received a Viewmaster VR instead...which I contemplated buying in the future anyway because there's a cool Masters of the Universe set that I can buy with it. I saw that on my Facebook He-man.org feed. Unfortunately, I have a Samsung Occulus VR that also works with my phone so it's too bad Mattel makes something similar. I'm thinking of keeping the botched order since it costs more than the figure and will re-order Starfire again and hope the proper item will ship next time, rather than having to make a phone call or email someone to suss it out. I've had a lot of bad luck with my online orders recently. I don't know if it was Christmas season busy that brings out the mistakes, but I had an Amazon order last week that shorted me 3 FTC figures so I had to call Amazon to sort it out and I was talking to someone with a middle-eastern accent to get it resolved. Thanks goodness it all worked out. Amazon allowed me to keep the extra Bizarro Super Friends figure on account of the faux pas by seller and credited me with the money to re-order SF series 4 all over again...worked out fine the second time. Had an error on eBay in early December with the 3 Stooges figures, I was sent the wrong ones, and thusly was able to buy the erroneously shipped ones for much less since the seller would have taken a loss due to the return shipping. And then there was the El Dorado head. I'm hoping the Monkees figures in the mail are what i ordered without any issues.
                    20170105_224009B.jpg

Comment

• Mary Canary
                      Career Member
                      • Jun 21, 2017

Does anyone know if this line is ending or evolving into something else? In Canada, I've seen much of the existing stock on clearance. I know there are some new dolls coming out (transforming clothes, gymnastics, etc.) - or maybe they are already out stateside and haven't made their way to Canada. Not really a collector, but I found the line appealing, especially seeing little kids gravitating to it in stores. ("This is Harley Quinn, she's the Joker's girlfriend," one little girl told her parent.)

I know the webisode format is switching to cartoon network, with a whole new (waaay less appealing, imo they're ruining it, yuck!) art style. https://www.awn.com/news/lauren-faus...-hero-girls-cn

So I wondered if the toys were being phased out. Seems like they haven't been around THAT long but maybe their shelf life is over.

Comment

• MEMEGO
                        Career Member
                        • Sep 6, 2007

yuck, that new look is horrible, why,WHY?

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

The new looks is similar to the Super Best Friends Forever shorts by Faust. Which are very good.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• MEMEGO
                            Career Member
                            • Sep 6, 2007

Sorry, but as I said that new/old look is not good at all. the script may ne good, however the art is not.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

I don't mind that style, it has a Tartakovsky vibe.
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• spockoda
                                Museum Super Collector
                                • Jan 14, 2018

These were never my thing but I couldn't help notice they were attractively done figures with what looked to be more articulation than a lot of other action figures. I don't really know about their price point as I never looked at them quite THAT hard.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎