X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
    Aww, I like Bumblebee--it's an attractive doll IMO.
    I never really followed Teen Titans so I am not too familiar with the character.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

The dolls showing up at Walmart have specially marked boxes that say "Bonus cape inside! Will you find a golden cape?" and include a fabric cape with the DC Super Hero Girls logo. They are sealed in a little clear baggie at the bottom of the boxes by the doll's feet. I don't know how actually challenging it is to find a gold cape because the first Super Girl I picked up from the display had one.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• jacoblb
        Persistent Member
        • May 7, 2009

Interesting. Had no idea about the cloth capes.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

At Comic Con it was announced Starfire and an Invisible Jet Vehicle have been added to the DC SHG line

Comment

• ScottA
            Original Member
            • Jun 25, 2001

I saw the high school playset at TRU yesterday. The exclusive Batgirl figure that is included had a removable cowl. This was for the 6" figures.

Last edited by ScottA; Jul 31, '16, 9:25 PM.
            sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• huedell
              Museum Ball Eater
              • Dec 31, 2003

Something about these says "home run" to me... really cute, colorful, clean---- and apparently good posers.

Not sure if it'd be crazy for me myself to collect... but this just seems like a good DC hero line.... for kids, sure, but also for collectors.

I think Mattel has some good people making their bodies these days---and, I mean, why shouldn't the "Barbie" company be on the ball? Right?

Originally posted by Werewolf
              At Comic Con it was announced Starfire and an Invisible Jet Vehicle have been added to the DC SHG line
              Depending on the design of the jet, that could be huge news for Mego collectors who have been clamoring for a Mego compatible Invisible Jet for decades.
              Last edited by huedell; Aug 5, '16, 8:21 AM.
              "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                Banned
                • Jun 23, 2001

Few questions:

What is the price point on these figures and can the clothes/accessories be adapted to 8 inch mego scale? I've recently purchased a pair of Monster High Shoes/Boots from Freak Du Chic line and they actually work with a custom I am working on so I am assuming that these figures are the same as far as clothing and accessories go? Thanks...and great review.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

...an Invisible Jet Vehicle have been added to the DC SHG line
                  Aauuuugghhhhh!!!!!!!!

Hopefully it's pretty traditional.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

They are $20. They are taller than Monster High and Barbie. Roughly the height of Jem dolls. The bodies are also thicker and more muscular than MH. I think the clothes would be very large on an 8 inch female Mego Body and would need quite a bit of altering to fit.

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Aauuuugghhhhh!!!!!!!!

Hopefully it's pretty traditional.
                      It kind of reminds me of a shoe with wings.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Drat, and scaled for the smaller figs. too. I was really excited for a few minutes.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                          Banned
                          • Jun 23, 2001

They are $20. They are taller than Monster High and Barbie. Roughly the height of Jem dolls. The bodies are also thicker and more muscular than MH. I think the clothes would be very large on an 8 inch female Mego Body and would need quite a bit of altering to fit.
                          Thanks. How about for a Zica/Yvonne or a female Mattel Retro Body?

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

Drat, and scaled for the smaller figs. too. I was really excited for a few minutes.
                            That is the 12 inch scale.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

I'm confused because the figure looks all sculpted. Honestly, the Imaginext jet is cuter.

Comment

• Werewolf
                                Inhuman
                                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
                                Thanks. How about for a Zica/Yvonne or a female Mattel Retro Body?
                                The retro Mattel WW comes to the waist of the Superhero Girls WW.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎