X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

If Iron Man gets made...

...I'd like to see him made like the Mego figure. An exact replica, head molded in yellow vinyl, everything. Then a Tony Stark outfit, if we have to have one. I'd like to see the updated Iron Man be made with the original style boots, gloves, and chest button, all in red chrome. His outfit should be the same as the Mego one, but be made from red and gold metallic spandex. His head should be the no-nose helmet, maybe with the rivets around the face mask. It wouldn't be popular, but his head should be rigid, so it could be red and gold chrome. I think that would be a very cool set. It should look all '70's style, in my personal opinion. Tony could come with a brief case that holds the Iron Man costume. Of course, not the boots, belt, gloves, and helmet. It would also be cool to have a helmet that could be removable! Since they are geared towards an older consumer, they should be able to have helmets made out of rigid, thin material that wouldn't be appropriate for younger children.
    What do you think? How would you want to see it made?
  • jayraytee
    Career Member
    • May 27, 2011

Something like that is what i would want. I would not want a big bulky plastic chest armor or removable plastic helmet ala Famous Covers. The head has to be too small or the helmet and chest armor has to be way too big. Iron Man's armor shouldn't be bulky. So the way Mego did it with cloth is the best.
    My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• wise guy
      Career Member
      • Dec 29, 2014

I wan't the modern version without the nose

Comment

• ovenmitt
        Persistent Member
        • May 26, 2009

Diamond said the main thing holding back on Iron Man is the Modern armor as it would require several plastic parts.

Iron Man is the most requested set there has to be a cost effective way to make him. He started the Marvel movie universe in 2008 and has been in 6 movies since. Get him out already! Hulk, Too!

I never had Mego Iron Man and I want Tony Stark alter ego in business suit or tuxedo. And I like the idea of briefcase with armor inside!

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Personally Lonnie, I think your idea sounds great. The briefcase could feature a bas-relief sculpt of yet another helmet, maybe the one with the points.

But, I suspect DS/Emce will want to do a modern version, which entails more tooling costs. Your idea is probably more cost-effective.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• harvestcrusader
            Museum Super Collector
            • Jul 10, 2015

Funny you posted this - as I have been toying around with making a 12 inch and a 8 inch Ironman Custom - the 12 inch would be from a mego body maybe from FTC - kinda based on this pic below - the one pictured is 12 inch scale dragon body and used magnets for the heads so easy on easy off and a spare shell for pretending to put on the helmet look. So like you said have Iron man and Tony in one doll and use magnets to just take the head on and off and instead of molding the costume sew a cloth costume like the old school mego and top it off with a plastic 12 inch clam shell

Comment

• jayraytee
              Career Member
              • May 27, 2011

The custom looks cool, but in mass production the plastic chest armor would be all swollen like this;

Marvel-Famous-Cover-Series-Iron-Man-74-1388356552.jpg

I'd rather have this;

4bd8ad6645785.jpg

I like the metallic cloth idea.
              My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡