X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jayraytee
    Career Member
    • May 27, 2011

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
    Who are bigger names at Marvel than Spider-man, Thor, Captain America, Wolverine, and Deadpool?
    My point was mainly about having two spiderman sets, but I don't see Punisher as bigger than say Iron Man or Hulk. I mean if the line ended at 8 sets, it would suck if two of them are spiderman, and we have no Hulk, no Iron Man and no villains at all.
    My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• jayraytee
      Career Member
      • May 27, 2011

Originally posted by palitoy
      You should all storm the disney castle like braveheart.
      Disney doesn't make the character choices for the line does it?

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
        Often invisible
        • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by enyawd72
        No I mean Marvel. Hasbro doesn't own the characters or license them.
        But Hasbro has the master toy license and dictates what licenses are available or not. Marvel has nothing to do with that.
        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
          Moderation Engineer
          • Aug 14, 2003

I have two of every set and bits and pieces of others. Seems like Deadpool did well, and the ones on the horizon have Netflix traction. I really have no significant complaints, I just hope they keep going. The pace doesn't bother me.

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
            I have two of every set and bits and pieces of others. Seems like Deadpool did well, and the ones on the horizon have Netflix traction. I really have no significant complaints, I just hope they keep going. The pace doesn't bother me.
            I have to say with regards to pacing that is no problem with me either. As much as FTC makes me feel like I'm on a hectic marathon with their nonstop releases, I have zero issues waiting for others. I guess either way its a great problem to have.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

I'm confident that a Hulk would not be released, no matter how long the line lasts. To have a Mego reproduction made, new arms and legs would need to be produced. I can't picture the money being paid out for new molds for a run of three thousand figures. Iron Man would also be really expensive to produce, and wouldn't make it's investment back, it seems. Deadpool had a lot of accessories, but no new tooling had to be created. Head molds are way cheaper to produce than body-part molds. Little roto-cast mold compared to giant steel block. I'd really like a Spidey 2099 set, but can see why those without my level of fanaticism wouldn't want it before other characters. I would have been totally happy with a Spider-man line being released instead of Marvel in general.

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
                70's Era Pimp
                • Sep 7, 2011

Originally posted by palitoy
                You should all storm the disney castle like braveheart.
                You always have the best ideas.....lol

Comment

• jayraytee
                  Career Member
                  • May 27, 2011

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                  The pace is good for the wallet especially with the price point, but it could be very bad for what characters we end up with. If the line only lasts 3 years (Dec 2014 to Dec 2017)... Just to make a point... we might only end up with a handful of characters and one of them twice. If it was a guarantee that the line would go on for 5 years say, and they made three to four characters a year, we could end up with 15 to 20 characters. I just hope the line has enough legs to stand long enough to not make the character selection of two spiderman sets seem bad.

I didn't buy Wolverine since it looked like a famous covers redo, I didn't buy deadpool because I couldn't care less about him, I won't buy Spidey II because I really am not interested in every costume change he has made. If the line ends sooner than later, then I would be quite disappointed some other important characters got skipped.
                  Last edited by jayraytee; Jul 1, '16, 5:00 PM.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Jan 19, 2008

I'd like to see some bad guys to go along with the heroes that have been released already. Green Goblin, Red Skull, and Loki would all probably sell well. And a playset/diorama to display them in.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

^Those villains, absolutely.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

*duplicate post
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• tllgn
                          Persistent Member
                          • Feb 6, 2010

I sure hope they continue with the line ,seems only a few marvels against outstanding amount of dc .I can see them coming up with Ironman and
                          maybe the Hulk ,they could do more figures of the next offerings to compensate for the cost of tooling ,Like they did with Thor (32000) rather then (3000)
                          Lets just hope for the best ,Its a shame under the licences that no villians or females might not be made due to commercial appeal ,but i still hopeing
                          for the best .

Comment

• The Bat
                            Batman Fanatic
                            • Jul 14, 2002

I sure hope they continue, because after seeing the DareDevil set I'm really impressed with the quality improvements! These are MEGO's to me! Mezco One will never be. They're nice but they're two inches to short, so they never fit in with my collection...I'm a Mego collector. Go EMCE!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎