X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Sale:1999

Half Price? Crap, I need to rent a Uhaul.....and a time machine....
    For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Godzilla
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 3, 2002

One of my favorite toys ever.
    Mortui Vivos Docent
    The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• harvestcrusader
      Museum Super Collector
      • Jul 10, 2015

serious I would load on many vintage goodies in that time capsule

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

That's why when you use a time machine,you need TARDIS. That way,you don't have to worry about having enough room to buy all of the cool stuff.

Comment

• SKotK
          Career Member
          • Mar 11, 2014

My grandparents got me the Eagle for Christmas 1976, I think, and enjoyed many years of play with it. I also got the vinyl Moon Base Alpha playset, possibly the next year...and was mystified at how out-of-scale it was. I remember sitting my little orange action figure on the giant white chair and thinking it looked pretty silly (I don't think I was aware of the larger-sized figures that were available).

Anyway, once Star Wars and eventually ESB had come out and I started getting action figures from that, I re-purposed and repainted the Eagle to become a Millennium Falcon-style "piece of junk" freighter. All I had available was baby blue and black spray paint, so baby blue it became...with black splatters for "battle damage". And of course by this point I had lost most of the accessories for it, including the 4 large silver engines...so I gathered the 4 remaining smaller retro rockets from the bottom of the ship and put masking tape around the attachment part on them so I could fit them into the red fuel tank openings. It worked. I dubbed this new space ship somewhat uninspiringly, "Fred's Flagship" (after a Rebel named Fred who looked suspiciously like Hoth Han Solo). Many adventures were had with Fred's Flagship, and many chases through the hallway ensued with the Star Destroyer playset or a TIE Fighter in hot pursuit.

I still had Fred's Flagship while I was going to college, but wound up giving it to a blind friend who loved Space: 1999. He appreciated it greatly, since it gave him a very tactile way of "seeing" the ship from the series.

--SKot
          Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

Never had the Eagle at the time.

I was at an age that I really wanted it, but was embarrassed to ask because I thought I was getting a little too old to ask for toys.

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
              70's Era Pimp
              • Sep 7, 2011

Originally posted by Mikey
              Never had the Eagle at the time.

I was at an age that I really wanted it, but was embarrassed to ask because I thought I was getting a little too old to ask for toys.
              and you see where that got you.....

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎