X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Reboot: Lost in Space on Netflix

Last Fall, news spread that Netflix had landed film rights to the cult TV series against various other bidders in what can only be called a competitive dogfight. Having won, Netflix has now reportedly given their remake a 10-episode order. While there is no confirmed release date set for the Lost In Space remake, it is expected that the show will premiere sometime in 2018.

Fans will be relieved to find that Netflix is keen on keeping to the original show’s humor and spirit. Cindy Holland, Netflix’s Vice President of Original Content, has said that, “The original series so deftly captured both drama and comedy, and that made it very appealing to a broad audience. The current creative team’s reimagining of the series for Netflix is sure to appeal to both fans who fondly remember the original and to create a new generation of enthusiasts around the world.”

Few details about the show have emerged, but crew announcements have been made since Netflix first acquired the franchise’s rights. The show will be written by Matt Sazama and Burk Sharpless. The Lost In Space remake will host several executive producers such as Zach Estrin and Kevin Burns while Neil Marshall is set to direct several episodes of the series so far.

Nostalgia continues to rule the entertainment industry as Hollywood chases after reboots to keep [...]
    Last edited by monitor_ep; Jun 29, '16, 6:28 PM.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

should be interesting. I will definitely tune in

Comment

• emeraldknight47
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 20, 2011

Excellent news to hear. I just hope they remember that, in the first few episodes, they actually made a fairly decent run at doing good, dramatic sci-fi and that Dr. Smith was quite malevolent in those episodes, as well. Glad to see a reboot, just don't want to see it turned into some weird Gilligan's Island/LIS hybrid...
      sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

So this series will actually recognize the original story line? That's excellent. I wonder if they will take the script that was performed as a reading off the Blu-ray box set as the official story for the return of the Robinson family?

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

I'm in...
          sigpic

Comment

• newlyknighted
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 21, 2010

Can't wait for the Jupiter 2 to fly again!
            I post in thy general direction!

Comment

• shyndman
              Museum Super Collector
              • Aug 29, 2008

If you're a LiS fan, there was a pilot (unaired) filmed back in 2004 that you can find copies of pretty easily (its on Youtube, in pieces) that was actually quite good. Haven't watched it in a while but it was pretty close to finished although there were a few scenes still missing some digital editing (non-erased wire work if I recall). Worth a look and a watch. Think there was an animated pilot as well that didn't get on the air but I haven't watched that one.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                Talkative Member
                • May 11, 2013

The Robinsons: Lost In Space (2004) pt 1

From IMDB: In the year 2082, the Earth was invaded by aliens after it was long determine that existence of extra terrestrials was long thought to be science fiction. Major cities crumbled from the destruction of the beings from beyond the stars. The invasion came to a halt when Earth's own armed forces led by Col. John Robinson fought off the invaders and thus Earth won the battle which came to be known as "Robinson's Raid". 15 years have passed by and John Robinson attends a ceremony for his retirement from his services in defending the Earth from alien threat. It was an honoring ceremony, except John's kids aren't that excited about it because John hardly spent that much time with them. After moving from several different homes due to John's line of work created a gap in between his kids and his occupation. This dysfunctional family is one of the fewest families chosen to be part of the space program that is heading for a planet called Nova which will become occupied with a new farming colony. John hopes to make up for all the times he wasn't there with his family only for the space station to be invaded by an unnamed army of reptilian aliens. The Robinsons and a young military figure named Don West escaped the doom space station, only to find themselves lost in space.

If you want to see the complete episode than click the link below and it will take you to youtube and you can see all five parts.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• samurainoir
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Dec 26, 2006

^^^
                  I liked the way they handled this pilot, but for me the real deal breaker was no Dr Smith. To me he really needs to be part of the equation for the formula to work.

I actually kind of have a soft spot for the hugely flawed 90's film, mostly because I loved Gary Oldman chewing scenery as Dr Smith.
                  My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎