Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vintage department store and mall commercials.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by jwyblejr
    Hill's was another one that had good Christmas ads.
    Found one.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Kmart Christmas. Lots of toys. Even a Strawberry Shortcake phone.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Marvelmania
        A Ray of Sunshine
        • Jun 17, 2001

WOW!!! Those are fun! I think I've watched these last 5 videos at least 4-5 times already. I still have my Commodore Vic 20 and Nintendo NES system. Now have to find a working Strawberry Shortcake phone for my niece.
        Last edited by Marvelmania; Jul 2, '16, 5:12 AM.

Comment

• wilbs518
          Mego Collector
          • Jul 25, 2009

Awesome! I love old commercials like these. The Ward's and Penny's ones are great!
          sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Child World with Mego 2 XL.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Children's Palace with Kenner's Real Ghostbusters.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Werewolf
                Bergner's Peoria Illinois.

Wow, used to go to the one in Sheridan Village. Great bookstore in the same strip mall that carried independent comics in the late 70s/early 80s!!!
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                  Wow, used to go to the one in Sheridan Village.
                  That's really cool.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Werewolf
                    That's really cool.
                    And my U Combine Shogun Warriors Combattra came from there.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Wow, I remember when TVs were like that.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ Had my Grandma's like that till Hurricane Charley killed it.

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

It's not a commercial but here's a movie with William Shatner filmed in the Scarborough town center in 1974. This was my favourite mall in the universe growing up, it had a Dominion Playworld and the Simpson's/Eaton's toy departments were amazing.

I watch this clip a lot, it brings me joy.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
                            I watch this clip a lot, it brings me joy.
                            That's super cool. I had not seen that before. Thank you for sharing it.

Comment

• Marvelmania
                              A Ray of Sunshine
                              • Jun 17, 2001

Wow brings back memories for me as we had what at the time what was thought to be futuristic, a big color tv that was odd shaped and balck and white painted! Now I look back at it with great memories and laughs!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎