X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Bionic Marvels!

That communicator works up to ten feet away! I'm telling you technology will never get any better....For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Such a great toyline. I really need to get a few of these pieces back in my collection.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

Now why couldn't Mego make that chair in 8" scale and black ?

Comment

• HardyGirl
        Mego Museum's Poster Girl
        • Apr 3, 2007

The ad is missing Jaime Sommers stuff like the Beauty Salon, Carriage House and the Sports car.

But back to this ad, I have the radio, but I've discovered that the Kenner film cartridges don't age as well as the Fisher Price ones, b/c I've bought 3 cartridges from toy shows and collector's stores and none of them work! The film is frozen and won't move.

Does anyone own any Kenner film cartridges that work?
        "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
        'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
        Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
        If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Neat! I don't remember the video center.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• starsky
            veteran member
            • Aug 26, 2007

still one of my all time faves!

Comment

• Actorman
              Museum Super Collector
              • Oct 4, 2010

Originally posted by HardyGirl
              The ad is missing Jaime Sommers stuff like the Beauty Salon, Carriage House and the Sports car.

But back to this ad, I have the radio, but I've discovered that the Kenner film cartridges don't age as well as the Fisher Price ones, b/c I've bought 3 cartridges from toy shows and collector's stores and none of them work! The film is frozen and won't move.

Does anyone own any Kenner film cartridges that work?
              The Jaime in this ad is the early prototype, so my guess is that her playsets weren't yet developed when they put this ad together. It was probably a rush job to meet the catalog's deadline. Even the BW logo used is an early version and not the final one used on the packaging.

I have working versions all of the SMDM movie cartridges, but came across a couple with the problem you described as I was collecting them.

One thing I've never been able to verify is if they made any Bionic Woman film cartridges. I own a Bionic Woman version of the viewer, but have never in all my years of collecting and researching this line seen any evidence of an actual Bionic Woman cartridge being produced. I've never seen it in any of the Kenner catalogs or inserts, store catalogs, collector's books or websites or on eBay.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎