Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Other Figures NECA Could Make.....

You mean in their Mego-scale? Rambo, The Monster Squad, Highlander, the Goonies, some other 80's properties like that. (Those would all get my money.)

Quote Originally Posted by Majere View Post
    You mean in their Mego-scale? Rambo, The Monster Squad, Highlander, the Goonies, some other 80's properties like that. (Those would all get my money.)
    I must be the worst online communicator, ever! I think of Bill and Ted, or Clarke Griswald, or Weird Al to be very fringe hobby figures. What could you see coming from NECA that you would not spend money on, but would not be surprised to see them make? Just to be clear, I would not want a Borat figure!
    Example:
    Flo from Progressive Insurance
    flo-savings.jpg

I kind of love how this thread went sideways!

It's kind of a tough question: what could they make that I wouldn't be interested in...

80's Michael Jackson. That could be a cool figure with great costume parts, etc. but I wouldn't be interested, unless they made him as the zombie or werewolf from the Thriller video. That would get my wallet out.

Rambo. I just wouldn't care.

Man, I'm going to have to think harder in this.

I would love to see NECA go after sports stars but I'm not sure how much of that license is wrapped up in the six inch non-articulate figures or whether the investment would get a good return.

Quote Originally Posted by Starroid Raiders Dagon View Post
    I must be the worst online communicator, ever! I think of Bill and Ted, or Clarke Griswald, or Weird Al to be very fringe hobby figures. What could you see coming from NECA that you would not spend money on, but would not be surprised to see them make? Just to be clear, I would not want a Borat figure!
    Example:
    Flo from Progressive Insurance
    flo-savings.jpg
    Borat is the only one I could see them possibly making from your list. There's no way they would ever even consider Flo.

How about Ferris Bueller? I wouldn't want it, but I could see them doing that.

Beetlejuice? Spicoli from Fast Times at Ridgemont High? Bernie from Weekend at Bernies? The Karate Kid? I wouldn't be very interested. Somebody would, probably.

The 3 Amigos? Buckaroo Banzai? The Last Dragon? Goblin King from Labyrinth? I could see myself picking those up where others wouldn't.

Blog Entries
    The fun thing about NECA is Randy will answer you on twitter and is not afraid to crush your hopes and dreams. I really respect that.

Just yesterday he said "V" is a no go even though he's a big fan.

Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    The fun thing about NECA is Randy will answer you on twitter and is not afraid to crush your hopes and dreams. I really respect that.

Just yesterday he said "V" is a no go even though he's a big fan.
    Randy is as down to earth as it gets. He's a great guy!

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Starroid Raiders Dagon View Post
    Not what you want, but what you wouldn't want! Like Borat in his mankini!

Attachment 18847
    I want that!

Images
    Blog Entries
    OH. MY. GOD. What the HELL is he wearing???

I'm going to need a gallon of brain bleach to un-see that.
    JediJaida

This inpart-thread-collapse is hilarious! I'd blame that on an early Dread Zeppelin reference, in which event I'd definitely buy a Tortelvis sure to have that classic sweet BubbaHoTep NECA vibe.

A little part of me dies every time Randy laments the loss of the Apes. IE: If the Apes line died, your bad idea for toys sure as hell won't fly! responses. At least we can laugh a little together in our mourning.