X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

Kresge Vs. Batman Series 4 Scarecrow

For those that care about these things, While reorganizing some FTC figures I have yet to open, I noticed that the fabric of Scarecrows costume is darker on the Kresge version in comparison to the Batman Series 4 version. Pretty much everything else is identical, but that.
  • jacoblb
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2009

I'd be interested in seeing pictured comparisons if you care to share any after you've settled in from organizing. Up till now, I hadn't planned on buying any FTC Kresege versions of characters except Dr. Sivana (or Harley Quinn on account she's exclusive to that theme as far as I know) because the Captain Marvel/Shazam series features the same Dr. Sivana character wearing a superhero outfit rather than as an evil scientist.

I hope FTC doesn't plan to use the same sculpt of Scarecrow for the Superfriends line, not that there's anything wrong with it, however. Luckily there hasn't been any crossover of repeat sculpts with Superfriends as yet.

Kresege is probably the way to go if I were just starting out buying FTC reMegos all over again or advising a new collector. I really like the smaller Kresege packaging, it definitely saves space compared the standard FTC single and double pack clam shells. I was mildly disappointed after buying wave one of the Fist Fighters Super Powers theme because many figures were made available on standard bodies in Kresege format, albeit for more cost. The other part of my slight buyer regret were the Fist Fighters bodies themselves as many did not work as intended.

I know FTC appears to recycle the same characters into different themes like Scarecrow and I can appreciate that, I don't have deep enough pockets or the interest to buy the same figures over and over just because the clam-shell card is different, the cowl is pink, Earth-2 colors, or whatever, but I know many members here have such an affinity for Mego they'll buy them all, to each their own. That's cool. I never had any Mego toys as a child other than Eagle Force so while I like and support retro cloth figures as best I can I am particularly picky and have to be. Even the JLA line was a pass for me because the costumes were only slightly altered with reused reMego heads.
    Last edited by jacoblb; Jun 25, '16, 5:25 PM. Reason: overlooked typos, fixed things for clarity

Comment

• tllgn
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 6, 2010

^oh thats unfourtate On theJLA ,those were great ,true not much change on wonder women and superman ,But shazam ,and batman were cool,as for
      Scarecrow i have both cards ,ill check to see if they changed the color ,ill dig them out . i have passed on some that had different cards but same figure,
      i buy what i like ,problem is i like to much,and it can get expensive ,i would like the superfriends scarecrow to be like the cartoon .

Comment

• TRDouble
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 10, 2012

I am super busy tomorrow, but unless tllgn beats me to it (or they are the same), I will post a picture sometime this week.

As a person who never owned a Kresge card, I was fooled into thinking they were small... they are not. I find them harder to store than the regular clams that, when put together, is about the same footprint as one regular clam. You cannot do that with the Kresge cards; you almost have to store them one on top of each other and that takes up a lot of space.

Not that I want to keep the figure in their clam shells; I'd prefer to open them all immediately. It's just not realistic for me at the moment, so I have to store many of them for now.

Comment

• jwyblejr
          galactic yo-yo
          • Apr 6, 2006

I mostly bought the Kresge style cards because of price. Why pay $30 for a Scarecrow when you can get that one for 3 dollars less?

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

I wanted to note that FTC has put a lot of work into the Scarecrow's costume, lots of detailing that could have been dropped. Also, It's worth noting that the body is molded in a caramel-brown color that could be used for customs.

The body I received was truly comparable to vintage Mego and not strung too tightly. I don't like the head and hat much--planning a custom--but the soft-goods are impressive.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

Are those caramel brown bodies available seperatly? couldn't see them on the site.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

No, but if you order the Scarecrow complete suit, it comes with the body. PM me, please.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎