X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

And then there's Claude

I've started this post about six times. Like Brian, I was bound and determined for Skokie II to go off without a hitch. For the most part it did, and I'm very happy that things went smoothly. Last year was rough around the edges, forgiving as everyone was, and I did not want a repeat. Mission accomplished - Aw Yeah man.

I need to make a few apologies: Grimjohn K - next time I will know both your face and your name. Derek Richardson - I will never accidentally steal your stuff again. Byron Bossart - well, you know.

I really appreciate everyone asking me how I was doing and offering to help whenever, wherever. The fact that things with the hotel went smoothly, coupled with a valium/beer cocktail here and there, and EMCE Hammered felt just fine. The only stressful thing that really happened was that flea market picture guy from last year rang my room at 6:30am Saturday wanting to set-up. "I hope I didn't wake you." After I politely told him the dealer rooms were set and to try again next year with some notice, he magically appeared in person. Poor Boss got in the middle of it, and had to witness me be kind of a D---. Not my usual D--- behavior mind you, this was different. Sorry Boss, but thanks for being there or I would probably still be in the Skokie Pokey.

As usual I didn't get to spend nearly enough time socializing or shopping, but that goes with the territory. Several of you can expect 'I saw this on your table' PMs soon. I was thrilled to get to visit both Aw Yeah and Dreamland thanks to my chauffeur Tomaso. It was great to see everyone again, or for the first time. I take a lot of pride in how we pull this off every year, bumps or not, and that we're still trending upward.

I'm not going to get into thank yous in this post, because I'll forget people or things. I think we covered it in the wrap-up, but if anyone was missed please forgive the omission and allow for gray hair and slowing brain functions. One exception to this - that's to my partner the past two years, Brian Heiler. He's been saying for awhile that I do all of the work and he gets all the credit, but he truly worked his tail off this year. He pumped this show hard, helped with prep and themes, and ran the door among many other things. The social media updates, the photography.......Brian easily pulled his weight and more. So thanks pal, it wouldn't have worked without you.

I have a little Chad Gordy in me in that I too suffer from post-Mego Meet depression every year. Me alone with my thoughts for a six hour drive home can be scary. Brian and I have a working list of things to tweak for next year, but we both need a little time to decompress and put this one in the rear view mirror before we go barreling into planning for 2017. I'm leaning towards making it a seven day event on board a Disney cruise, but we need to recharge our batteries before we start the process.
  • Mego Milk
    Custom Mego Maker
    • Jun 3, 2007

very awesome.
    aw yeah.

Comment

• Brue
      User without title
      • Sep 29, 2005

Thanks for doing the lion's share of the work. And thanks for delivering my shield. It just made more sense for you to drive it to Chicago for me rather than me to put in any effort going to your house locally.

And thanks for the Spidey restoration. He's my new Spider-car driver.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
        Moderation Engineer
        • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by Brue
        Thanks for doing the lion's share of the work. And thanks for delivering my shield. It just made more sense for you to drive it to Chicago for me rather than me to put in any effort going to your house locally.

And thanks for the Spidey restoration. He's my new Spider-car driver.
        No worries - I had every intention of dropping it off and slobbering on your Joker van, and then poof a year had passed.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
          Permanent Member
          • Mar 7, 2011

Steve, Cudos to you and Brian, I say you guys never get enough credit for pulling this off, BRAVO and Thank you!!! Next go around you know Me and My Family would only be happy to help with what we can. TILL 2017

Comment

• noelani72
            27inaleon
            • Jun 25, 2002

Comment

• Grimjohn
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 28, 2011

Thanks to you and Brian for pulling it all together. It was a fantastic Meet!
              My Finished Custom Figures

Comment

• VintageMike
                Permanent Member
                • Dec 16, 2004

Good to see you and thanks for all you do. Another great year that went by all too quickly!

Comment

• ScottA
                  Original Member
                  • Jun 25, 2001

Always a pleasure sir. You keep it running smoothly.
                  sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• samurainoir
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Dec 26, 2006

You're the best. truly. Things were awesome this year.
                    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• trekman101
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 6, 2009

You are the man........thanks for all your help
                      Last edited by trekman101; Jul 4, '16, 9:22 AM.
                      "Thats the ticket laddie"

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎