And there's one in every crowd...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dcohendmd
    • Jan 20, 2014

any chance of Mego Meet coming to the northeast......? or a more traveled path like las vegas or Orlando?

Comment

• VintageMike
      Permanent Member
      • Dec 16, 2004

Originally posted by dcohendmd
      any chance of Mego Meet coming to the northeast......? or a more traveled path like las vegas or Orlando?
      I'd say the current location is well traveled, but if you are looking for something in the northeast, check out his thread. I went last year and outside of MM, it had the best vintage toy selection, I've seen at any show.

Hello everyone! Based on the tremendous feedback we received on our ZOLOCON 2016 event, we decided to open an area of our expo to host the EAST COAST MEGO ALLEY! A number of Mego collectors had asked and we want to open the floor to our friends here. If you are looking to be an exhibitor of our 2017 event, please head on

Comment

• samurainoir
        Eloquent Member
        • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by dcohendmd
        or a more traveled path like las vegas or Orlando?
        Skokie is a suburb of Chicago, and O'Hare is a major hub which has allowed folks from as far away as Puerto Rico and Halifax in Eastern Canada to attend Mego Meet for the first time in the past two years.

I would hazard a guess and say that Orlando and Las Vegas are unlikely at this point in time.
        My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
          Career Member
          • Jun 8, 2015

Blue Meenie: Hi, I thought about going to the Pre-meet on Thursday, and then I thought about being the ODD MAN out, walking into a situation, where I don’t know anyone and everyone there is already well aquainted.

Random Axe said; “This show is EXACTLY what you make of it and there are no cliques to speak of. If there are then I am definitely not cool enough to be included either. By your own admission you skipped the two most social activities available. Saturday is a flurry of activity, auctions, sales, interactive panels, contests, door prizes and excitement.

If I remember correctly, I'm fairly certain I made it a point to ask your name and introduce/welcome you and your wife. I normally make that an emphasis as I can never have too many friends or new members of my extended family. From day one in 2008, I made friends that I'll have for a lifetime. That's the power of this show, and it bugs me that didn't happen for you.

I can't speak to merchandise or vendors but we have the coolest and most knowledgeable group of collectors and pop culture geeks on this planet. I hope you will consider coming again as I'd love for you to experience the wonderfulness of this community as I have.”

Hi, RA! I was there Saturday, I did go to a panel, I missed most of them, I was at the auction and I did patrol all three dealers rooms at least twice. I don’t remember meeting you, unless you where at the front desk selling Admission? And No, I don’t have a wife. “whew”  And yes, I WILL BE BACK,next year. I appreciate the work all of you do with your figures and the effort in putting this on for two days. I am just sorry, I have only know about this for only a year.

PNGwynne, Brown Bear, Noelani72: thanks for the encouragement!

Vintage Mike: here is the WEIRD THING (or not so weird) I DO NOT HAVE A “USERNAME”. On every site I am on, I just use my real name, and what’s funny is when I registered, the guy asked me for my “username”. I said I didn’t have one. I think I must have surprised him. 

AUSTIN said: “Why, oh why, can't all yous be as nice as me? LOL

Jorge, it was nice seeing you again. But, you only get out of Mego Meet what you put in. You need to be a little more bold next time and introduce yourself to more people. Walk up to
          every vendor and shake their hand and let them know who you are and what your interests are. Walk into the Mego Suite and announce to the room, "Hey, I'm Jorge Galavan and I love Megos!" Don't just dip your toe in the water. Jump in! Heck, do a cannonball while you're at it!”

Thanks, Austin, and I will say this, you probably were the MOST Friendliest person last year and this year in that you made an EFFORT to say hello to whoever crossed paths with you, I did notice that when I was roaming around! 

Here’s another thing too, I don’t want to be [THAT GUY, who comes on too strong and opinionated, and then have everyone say, “oh that Jorge, he’s a Jerk!” Not, that I am by nature, but I don’t want to MEDDLE in anyone’s affairs or bizness!

I will be back next years, but in the meantime, who would you recommend HERE, that will do custom figures for me, at reasonable prices??? THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE!!

Jorge Galvan.
          Last edited by Jorge Galvan; Jun 28, '16, 3:16 PM.

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by Jorge Galvan
            Vintage Mike: here is the WEIRD THING (or not so weird) I DO NOT HAVE A “USERNAME”. On every site I am on, I just use my real name, and what’s funny is when I registered, the guy asked me for my “username”. I said I didn’t have one. I think I must have surprised him. 
            Jorge, your USERNAME is obviously "Jorge Galvan". Just like Brue also uses his real name as his Username.

Just say that is your username next time at the front desk, and if you opt to wear a name tag with your name on it (as almost all of us do, with both our online username and real name), it goes a long way towards getting to know other people and helping them remember who you are when you come back in subsequent years. Harder to get to know someone if they can't put a face to a name. Think of it as a short-cut if you are feeling too shy to introduce yourself. Your name tag does that for you, and a huge reason why folks are encouraged to wear them (as well as proving that you paid your admission to get in). More often than not, if folks see "Jorge Galvan" on your name tag, they might recognize your name at least from the Mego Museum forums here, and that can be an instant ice breaker if they have already chatted with you online and see that you are not a complete stranger to them.

Or do what I did for a couple of years after my first Mego Meet... steal David Lee's name tag and wear that. 8)
            Last edited by samurainoir; Jun 30, '16, 12:03 PM.
            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Brue
              User without title
              • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by samurainoir
              ... it goes a long way towards getting to know other people and helping them remember who you are when you come back in subsequent years. ...
              Yep. I am always embarrassed how many names I fail to remember -or match with the on line persona. I find Hey You is a reasonable substitute for most people's names.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎