Originally posted by palitoy
    He's pretty bribe-able.
    Yes, that he is.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
      Invincible Ironing Man
      • Feb 28, 2008

I love everything about this...
      "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

In anticipation of the upcoming films based on these franchises, Hasbro will debut a recreation of the original '70s "Micronauts" and "Visionaries" toy lines at this year's San Diego Comic-Con.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Hasbro will release "The Micronauts Classic Collection" set, "a limited-edition collection featuring recreations of figures from the Mego toyline that existed between 1976 and 1980." Galactic Warrior, Pharoid and Orbital Defender will appear in the sets, each "with multiple points of articulation and interchangeable parts" and new artwork from Ken Kelly.

Hasbro will also premiere "Visionaries: Knights of the Magical Light Mighty Mugg," which includes a figure of Leoric with his signature lion hologram chest plate, in homage to the character's original design.

Both toy sets will be available at the Hasbro booth (#3329) during San Diego Comic-Con, which runs July 21-24 at the San Diego Convention Center. Hasbro will also release a limited number online at HasbroToyShop.com after the show as well as at Fan Expo Canada.

Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• vulcan2074
          Live Long and Prosper
          • Mar 23, 2008

That box art is gorgeous.
          Sammy

Comment

• cjefferys
            Duke of Gloat
            • Apr 23, 2006

Who wants to guess how much this set will cost? SDCC exclusives are usually pretty spendy. Over fifty bucks but under a hundred?

Comment

• pmwasson
              Maker
              • Sep 12, 2007

I saw $50 on facebook, but not sure if it was accurate.
              sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• pmwasson
                Maker
                • Sep 12, 2007

From http://sdccblog.com/2016/06/hasbro-s...16-exclusives/

Ahead of the upcoming Micronauts movie, Hasbro is recurring the original Micronauts toy line with a collection that features recreations of figures from the Takara toyline from the 1970’s and 1980’s. The set features Galactic Warrior, Pharoid, and Orbital Defender – who each come with interchangeable parts. Veteran paint artist Ken Kelly, who created some of the most memorable packaging art for the original Micronauts toys, designed the bold artwork for this set. IDW will also be producing a convention-only alternate cover to their Micronauts comic utilizing the new product artwork from Kelly. The set will retail for $49.99.
                sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• cjefferys
                  Duke of Gloat
                  • Apr 23, 2006

Cool, thanks for the info Paul. Now I have to go bribe Ed.

Comment

• Ninersphan1
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 27, 2009

Super stoked for this, hope it's the start of a reintroduction of the line. Price isn't bad either for an exclusive, I was expecting $20 more.

Comment

• Gadgeteer
                      Veteran Member
                      • Apr 16, 2014

I want this set and any others they make.
                      sigpic

Comment

• rche
                        channeling Bob Wills
                        • Mar 26, 2008

uh oh - I have been resisting micronauts for years. Whenever I pause on a micro related article or picture, my son seems to be over my shoulder asking - "what are those?". I thought I dodged a bullet when this years MM customs were gone before I got to dealer room 3. Those look really cool and are really ringing my retro bell.

Hasbro is doing these? Man - it would be so cool to see a micronaut/super Joe crossover in 8" scale.
                        Last edited by rche; Jun 21, '16, 9:29 PM.

Comment

• David Lee
                          The Fix-it-up Chappie
                          • Jun 10, 2002

yes please

Comment

• patches
                            • Jan 12, 2015

Originally posted by pmwasson
                            I wouldn't believe they would go through all the effort of making these just for SDCC, so hopefully Hasbro will release more figures going forward.
                            Supposedly Micronauts will be part of the Hasbro Cinematic Universe, sharing a universe with GI Joe, ROM Spaceknight, The Visionaries, MASK and a few others. So they likely are gearing up for some new toys. The big question is if it will be a classic release, a new consumer line or an Adult collectable thing ala Takara's new Diaclone reboot. If you haven't seen their new DiaBattles set, it's amazing. You can tell it is based on the bridge toys between Micronauts and Transfomers.

The weird thing in all of this is if both properties are finally fully under Hasbro, why didn't they add Micronauts to the Transformers Universe? I mean if you think it through Biotron was arguably the first Transformers. The progenitor from which all others sprung. He is Primus.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                              Persistent Member
                              • Apr 28, 2013

That Galactic Defender is sporting new legs/feet, missile, and head! They all seem to have new upper arms? This is a set I need for sure.

Comment

• Spectra
                                • Apr 5, 2016

Originally posted by patches
                                The weird thing in all of this is if both properties are finally fully under Hasbro, why didn't they add Micronauts to the Transformers Universe? I mean if you think it through Biotron was arguably the first Transformers. The progenitor from which all others sprung. He is Primus.
                                That seems to be their goal for the new series, actually. Or it was, at some point.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎