X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VintageMike
    Permanent Member
    • Dec 16, 2004

Delayed Thanks

Arrived back home around 3:30 today. Thank god I have one more day off as I have finally tapped out on the idea I will finish unpacking or setting up everything I bought. So onto it..
    This year had been going south in a big way. While I have made some small gains by going to events, the reality of it is I needed to be around friends to clear my hear and get in a good place.
    Despite a rough start (a blowout an hour into day 2 on the trip there, which pushed my arrival up several hours), things picked up the minute I arrived and saw everyone briefly at the launch party.
    The next days days were a blur but a good one. Even the simple things many take for granted, like having people to share meals and conversation with were so uplifting. So while it's normal (and the best part of the Meet) thanks to everyone I talked to on the floor, in the suite, broke bread with or both. It's a reminder that while I only get to you folks once a year, I do have real friends who actually share many of interests to boot. It was also encouraging to hear from those who were in bad situations last year that have improved this year.
    I also have to say I feel somewhat re-invigorated as a collector. While I have had a huge focus on getting stuff I don't already have, seeing Charlie's pristine stuff made me realize I now have the ability to go back and improve on pieces I cut corners on for financial reasons when I originally got them. For someone who was running out of stuff to get that's huge. It also gives a bit of joy to be letting pieces back out there as I upgrade. As the vintage stuff becomes harder to get I hope to help other collectors out by releasing pieces from my collection.
    As always the food is a treat! Especially since I limit my intake of such things at home. Final note: I could not be happier my desire to own the E-Man/Nova two pack helped make it the hit of the auction, even if someone threatened to get punched in the face during bidding I always try to find something I want in the auction as helping the museum in this way is important to me.
    Went by too fast, but nothing can seem to keep that from happening! Hope to see some of you in Feb if you can make it as once a year isn't enough!
  • noelani72
    27inaleon
    • Jun 25, 2002

pretty touching Mike... I feel ya bro. It is so depressing when the weekend ends...
    I'm really thinking of going if there is a repeat of the Ohio Meet this year.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by noelani72
      I'm really thinking of going if there is a repeat of the Ohio Meet this year.
      That might be what I need to do...
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Random Axe
        The Voice of Reason
        • Apr 16, 2008

Totally happening. MegOhio can be scaled up but my venue as it stands now is free, and thats a good price. If i can get a decent sized list of those 80 percent sure then ill try a larger place.
        I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• noelani72
          27inaleon
          • Jun 25, 2002

(sorry I sidetracked your thread Mike ;-) )

Ohio MM proposed dates?

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
            70's Era Pimp
            • Sep 7, 2011

Always great to see you Mike. Glad you were able to snag up the Wonder Woman for your collection!

Comment

• VintageMike
              Permanent Member
              • Dec 16, 2004

Ohio portion of the drive is not too bad. I'd probably go assuming I can get any needed time off.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
                Permanent Member
                • Mar 7, 2011

Good to see you Mike... And there really wouldn't have been any punching lol I'd still be in Skokie if there was lol

Comment

• samurainoir
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Dec 26, 2006

after hearing about your set-back on the road, I was absolutely delighted to see you at Aw yeah Comics dude. Glad you made it home safe and sound.

and boy, were Scott and I absolutely delighted that E-Man and Nova Kane are going to a good home! As always, thanks so much for your support. We really do appreciate it.
                  emanauction1.jpg
                  emanauction2.jpg
                  My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Oh man, you had such a tough drive, hope it was smooth sailing home. Glad you had fun, terrific seeing you.
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎