X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

Cowboy boots; I can't get them on

I ordered and received a pair of cowboy boots from the 8 Inch Super Store (thanks, Dave!).

I tried to put them on a Type S body and the foot will not go all the way into the boot. The opening at the ankle seems to small.

Anyone else have this issue? Were you able to force the foot in somehow without damaging the boot?

Thanks!
  • CrimsonGhost
    Often invisible
    • Jul 18, 2002

I don't know what the boot is made of, but heating it may work. Putting it in a cup of boiling water for a few minutes or under a hairdryer should soften them up a little.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• daz71
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2014

i tried boiling them and couldn't get the foot in either.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by TRDouble
        I ordered and received a pair of cowboy boots from the 8 Inch Super Store (thanks, Dave!).

I tried to put them on a Type S body and the foot will not go all the way into the boot. The opening at the ankle seems to small.

Anyone else have this issue? Were you able to force the foot in somehow without damaging the boot?

Thanks!
        Are the boots a harder plastic like the original hero boots or softer like the original TT boots? Just curious.

Comment

• smonte00
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 19, 2005

Is it like a vintage GI Joe boot issue? A little talcum powder or corn starch might work.

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
            I don't know what the boot is made of, but heating it may work. Putting it in a cup of boiling water for a few minutes or under a hairdryer should soften them up a little.
            Both of those methods have worked for me...but I also have another one. If the figure is wearing socks or a body suit, I cut the feet off(the suit) and tape the suit around the bottom of the shins. Barefoot works best.
            sigpic

Comment

• Makernaut
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 22, 2015

I suffered through the pains of getting those boots on, but it's always worth it. Those boots always look good and make the struggle worth it.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎