Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need your help!! Vintage books destroyed!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mongoose1983
    Career Member
    • May 14, 2010

I don't have any of the books you need, theressa, but I wish I could help you. I have lost valuable things through a leakage in the past, and I know how that hurts. On the other hand, I am very happy to see people here helping you. You guys are awesome, and MM a great community!
    www.tamiyaclub.com/member.asp?id=23692

Comment

• mazinz
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 2, 2007

A few years back I traded in some of the books you are now looking for. This Saturday I may be stopping by a nice used bookshop. Night walkers and especially the crooked tree are ringing a strong bell ( quite certain I have seen them at the shop before). Do they have to be first prints?
      "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• theressa
        Sewing...?
        • Jun 13, 2004

I think nightwalker is a first print, if you go by the cover art.
        From looking at an Amazon auction, they say it is.
        Mine was so saturated I couldn't get the pages apart to look :(
        Crooked Tree cover is pretty cool! If you lift up the first cover, it has an outline and underneath on the second cover is a human figure with a bears head! Not sure again, if that was a first print.
        I was just looking at sale pictures with those particular covers.
        Most of the ones I did check were the Ape books, SW, Peanuts (not posted as witch hunt wants!)
        Wants, original parts; thinking...
        It's the quiet ones you gotta watch!
        Custom suits, in time
        T_SUITS

Comment

• theressa
          Sewing...?
          • Jun 13, 2004

Originally posted by tjacwave50
          I have the following books in my eBay watch list, if you still need them let me know.

Beneath the Planet of the Apes
          Conquest of the Planet of the Apes
          Battle for the Planet of the Apes
          Logan's Run
          The Howling
          PM sent
          Custom suits, in time
          T_SUITS

Comment

• theressa
            Sewing...?
            • Jun 13, 2004

Originally posted by Mongoose1983
            I don't have any of the books you need, theressa, but I wish I could help you. I have lost valuable things through a leakage in the past, and I know how that hurts. On the other hand, I am very happy to see people here helping you. You guys are awesome, and MM a great community!
            Thank you!
            I know I will store the new ones much better! I'm not going thru this again.
            I have older comics, mags and treasuries. Purchased and well loved by me and probably are considered reader copies. Those are in a plastic tote. And have been in upstairs closets for over 20 years.
            If anything, please people do NOT store your precious possessions in cardboard boxes!
            You just never know!!!
            Last edited by theressa; Jun 20, '16, 9:47 PM.
            Custom suits, in time
            T_SUITS

Comment

• Mongoose1983
              Career Member
              • May 14, 2010

Originally posted by theressa
              Thank you!
              I know I will store the new ones much better! I'm not going thru this again.
              I have older comics, mags and treasuries. Purchased and well loved by me and probably are considered reader copies. Those are in a plastic tote. And have been in upstairs closets for over 20 years.
              If anything, please people do NOT store your precious possessions in cardboard boxes!
              You just never know!!!
              Plastic totes, and even the cheap zip-locks bags can be of great help to keep things in good conditions.

And you know something, back in the day when that leakage slowly damaged my old toys and collectibles, I remember making a promise to myself, to recover all that stuff, in better shape, boxed if possible, and take better care of it when doing so. It seemed pretty complex back then, took me years to do it actually, but I got it all back, and I even got more than what I lost back then. Now, it did not took much money, but I got a lesson from it. Actually, that leakage that brought so much pain back then, proved to be some sort of a blessing in disguise forcing me to think positive, be alert and take any chances to achieve my goal. Perhaps this unfortunate event will help you be more careful with your collections, and who knows, maybe you even get to read some of these books, enjoying the stories all over again!

Stay positive theressa. Don't forget the see the good side, and enjoy the process of rebuilding your book collection.
              www.tamiyaclub.com/member.asp?id=23692

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

Got you Beneath the Planet of the Apes and Logan's Run, trying to work on a couple of others.

Comment

• theressa
                  Sewing...?
                  • Jun 13, 2004

Originally posted by mazinz
                  A few years back I traded in some of the books you are now looking for. This Saturday I may be stopping by a nice used bookshop. Night walkers and especially the crooked tree are ringing a strong bell ( quite certain I have seen them at the shop before). Do they have to be first prints?
                  Hi Doug,
                  Trying to send a PM. Can you clear some space
                  Thank you, T
                  Custom suits, in time
                  T_SUITS

Comment

• theressa
                    Sewing...?
                    • Jun 13, 2004

Thanks to the gracious members here, this is what's being recovered so far
                    I really appreciate the efforts you are doing!!

enyawd72 - Apes TV show #3
                    supes - Escape from the Planet of the Apes, Conquest of the Planet of the Apes, and Battle for the Planet of the apes
                    tjacwave50 - Beneath the Planet of the Apes and Logan's Run.

I do have lines on other books and am waiting for the seller to reply....
                    Custom suits, in time
                    T_SUITS

Comment

• mazinz
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 2, 2007

Originally posted by theressa
                      Hi Doug,
                      Trying to send a PM. Can you clear some space
                      Thank you, T
                      Space cleared. Send away
                      "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎