Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Warriors drafted Vanderbilt center Damien Jones, yes, Damien, like my buddy here, lol. Dude is 7 foot center. This pick was a shout out to Ezeli that he is on his way out.

More peculiar, they also picked up undrafted 7' 6" Mamadou Ndiaye. Warriors are morphing from small ball to GIGANTIC ball, lol.

Jones was taken 30th in the first round...he shows promise.

But the mystery is Ndiaye.

I have no idea who he was. I know he's a project. He might turn out to be a wasted addition. He will start in the Summer league, then probably D league if he sticks around.

He reminds me of the Warriors original giant, Manute Bol. But unlike Bol...Ndiaye is bulkier, more athletic...and has way better skills.

Crossing fingers...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Obviously those two centers are young unproven prospects.

The Warriors are aggressively trying to land an established center...to make an immediate impact right now.

According to Marcus Thompson of the Bay Area News Group, there are several big-name big men who Golden State might target in that scenario.

According to sources familiar with free agent talks, the Warriors are looking at Al Horford, Joakim Noah and even Hassan Whiteside. The contract demands might be too hefty but the goal is clear. The Warriors can’t thrive with a center that doesn’t attack the rim or score inside.
      Thompson says the reason the Warriors want an upgrade at center is that teams didn’t respect Andrew Bogut and Festus Ezeli’s ability to score off the pick-and-roll, stifling the Warriors’ vaunted offensive attack. Having a finisher like Whiteside who can also protect the rim would be a big upgrade, as would the All-Star caliber game of Horford. Noah, on the other hand, is not quite the player he once was, but his superior passing game would fit right in to what the Warriors do on offense.

sigpic

Comment

• megomania
        Persistent Member
        • Jan 2, 2010

Saw Ndiaye play a few times being here on the west coast. Played UW (Washington) a few times - exceptional shot blocker but not much else. Project in the truest sense of the word but if they can bring him along maybe it's a steal.

-Chris

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

He could be a good role player...get him into games for just that...shot blocking...then yank him out...
          sigpic

Comment

• megomania
            Persistent Member
            • Jan 2, 2010

Yeah can't be any worse than the big man options they had this year! Kinda surprised they didn't draft the kid from Michigan St that went 31. Can't see Barbosa, Livingston lasting much longer.

Comment

• megomania
              Persistent Member
              • Jan 2, 2010

UW had two freshmen come out - one went #8 and the other fell to #29 when he was projected top 10-12.

Big mistake by him - he can't shoot and is a turnover machine. Probably won't be on the Spurs roster next year....predicting he'll bounce around the league. Should have stayed in school.

Comment

• toys2cool
                Ultimate Mego Warrior
                • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by Hector
                Obviously those two centers are young unproven prospects.

The Warriors are aggressively trying to land an established center...to make an immediate impact right now.

According to Marcus Thompson of the Bay Area News Group, there are several big-name big men who Golden State might target in that scenario.

According to sources familiar with free agent talks, the Warriors are looking at Al Horford, Joakim Noah and even Hassan Whiteside. The contract demands might be too hefty but the goal is clear. The Warriors can’t thrive with a center that doesn’t attack the rim or score inside.
                Thompson says the reason the Warriors want an upgrade at center is that teams didn’t respect Andrew Bogut and Festus Ezeli’s ability to score off the pick-and-roll, stifling the Warriors’ vaunted offensive attack. Having a finisher like Whiteside who can also protect the rim would be a big upgrade, as would the All-Star caliber game of Horford. Noah, on the other hand, is not quite the player he once was, but his superior passing game would fit right in to what the Warriors do on offense.

In that offense Whiteside would be a top 3 center...he's already a beast on D.. but his Offense could get better...Freakin scary if that happens man
                "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• toys2cool
                  Ultimate Mego Warrior
                  • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by Hector
                  Warriors drafted Vanderbilt center Damien Jones, yes, Damien, like my buddy here, lol. Dude is 7 foot center. This pick was a shout out to Ezeli that he is on his way out.

More peculiar, they also picked up undrafted 7' 6" Mamadou Ndiaye. Warriors are morphing from small ball to GIGANTIC ball, lol.

Jones was taken 30th in the first round...he shows promise.

But the mystery is Ndiaye.

I have no idea who he was. I know he's a project. He might turn out to be a wasted addition. He will start in the Summer league, then probably D league if he sticks around.

He reminds me of the Warriors original giant, Manute Bol. But unlike Bol...Ndiaye is bulkier, more athletic...and has way better skills.

Crossing fingers...

at that pick and an undrafted player? there's no risk but high reward if it works out..Worth the risk
                  "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                  My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎