• Show
Clear All
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

Star Trek 50th Anniversary Stamps

I would like to pick up the 50th anniversary Star Trek stamps and booklet,
    they are priced on the Canadian post office website for $19.99

I already checked a couple of US post offices in my area and they don't have any plans
    on getting these, so it looks like the stamps will not be available here in the States.

Instead of having to use my credit info on the Internet I wanted to ask the Canadian members
    if they could help me out if they can?

I rather send payment to a member via PayPal then have to deal with out of country
    company websites, and using personal credit info on the Internet.

If anyone can help me out, please PM me, appreciate the time.
  • SKotK
    Career Member
    • Mar 11, 2014

Originally posted by tjacwave50
    I would like to pick up the 50th anniversary Star Trek stamps and booklet,
    they are priced on the Canadian post office website for $19.99

I already checked a couple of US post offices in my area and they don't have any plans
    on getting these, so it looks like the stamps will not be available here in the States.
    Yet another indication that the 50th Anniversary of Star Trek is turning out to be rather a let-down so far. :(

The new movie hasn't exactly given people high hopes, the EMCE reissues are fizzling out due to disinterest, and the post office has determined that Star Trek isn't worthy of enough attention to issue stamps. The new series is generating some buzz, but it's too early to tell anything and it doesn't come out until next year anyway.

I do hope things pick up before the end of the year, because at this point Star Trek might as well be chopped liver. By contrast, Doctor Who's 50th back in 2013 was a whirlwind of excitement.

--SKot
    Last edited by SKotK; Jun 17, '16, 10:15 AM.
    Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

The latest Star Trek trailer really drove home how far off the mark the entire franchise is. It looked like Star Wars lite. I really wish they would get away from the constant fighting and get back to some exploration. Star Trek never needed non-stop battles and explosions to be interesting. TMP remains my personal favorite thanks to a brilliant script and the lure of discovering the unknown. THAT is what Star Trek is supposed to be about.

Comment

• Riderfan
        Megos are cool
        • Feb 14, 2012

I wouldn't think you'd have to be worried about the security of Canada Post's online ordering.

But, PM sent.

K
        I've come here to chew bubblegum & kick ***. And I'm all out of bubblegum

(Rowdy Roddy Piper in 'They Live' 1988)

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by SKotK
          Yet another indication that the 50th Anniversary of Star Trek is turning out to be rather a let-down so far. :(

The new movie hasn't exactly given people high hopes, the EMCE reissues are fizzling out due to disinterest, and the post office has determined that Star Trek isn't worthy of enough attention to issue stamps. The new series is generating some buzz, but it's too early to tell anything and it doesn't come out until next year anyway.

I do hope things pick up before the end of the year, because at this point Star Trek might as well be chopped liver. By contrast, Doctor Who's 50th back in 2013 was a whirlwind of excitement.

--SKot
          This is how I felt in 2014 when Hasbro ignored GI Joe's 50th. At least Batman '66 got a pretty good 50th with all the toys and the series finally coming out on disc.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• SKotK
            Career Member
            • Mar 11, 2014

Originally posted by thunderbolt
            This is how I felt in 2014 when Hasbro ignored GI Joe's 50th. At least Batman '66 got a pretty good 50th with all the toys and the series finally coming out on disc.
            Hmm...I'm guessing you're correct about GI Joe's 50th since I don't think I was even aware it was happening at the time! I'm not a Joe collector (even though I just happen to be wearing a Cobra logo t-shirt today), but still, I'd think I'd have heard more about it. I'd say they definitely dropped the ball there.

Regarding Batman '66, there were definitely some cool toys that came out, but for sure the best present we got was the series finally being available on not only DVD but hi-def Blu-ray (which looks gorgeous...Julie Newmar's hips in high definition, bestill my beating heart!). After waiting so long just to own that series in any format, it was very rewarding. That show was #1 on my Most Wanted DVD release list for years and years. I wasn't sure it was ever going to happen.

--SKot
            Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎