X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
    That didn't stop me from picking that orange dune buggy up at a yard sale. Peeled the flower stickers off, and then "Today, Speedy Buggy Meets Batman and Robin"!

Chris
    Hey! I have those episodes! (w/ Scooby Doo!)
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• rykerw1701
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 27, 2007

I remember seeing the commercial for the Barbie camper as a kid and realizing it was the same thing as the Big Jim camper. Suddenly, Big Jim became a girl's doll to me instead of a boy's action figure, a huge difference to me at the time, and I lost all interest in Big Jim.

Comment

• Actorman
        Museum Super Collector
        • Oct 4, 2010

That's interesting! I never knew there was a Big Jim version. (The two lines aren't even in the same scale. What the...?)

When I was a kid, I bought the Barbie version from my cousin at the family yard sale to use for my 12" Star Wars and Buck Rogers figures. I carefully stripped off all of the Barbie decals and redecorated the whole thing to make it into a "spacey" exploration vehicle. The pop-up vanity table thing became a computer station. The shower became a transporter. Added a bunch of G.I. Joe accessories and equipment. I thought it was pretty cool and played with it for quite a long time.

Why does it look like Big Jim has a box of severed heads beside him in the ad?

Comment

• cjefferys
          Duke of Gloat
          • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by Actorman

Why does it look like Big Jim has a box of severed heads beside him in the ad?
          He's Secret Agent Big Jim and that's a briefcase full of masks, not heads.

I love the European Big Jim stuff, I really want to start collecting them.

I never had the Big Jim camper but my sister had the Barbie camper, and I used it with my Megos all the time (her Barbie Townhouse too).

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎