X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • filmation batman fan
    The Man of Many Voices
    • Aug 30, 2005

SUPER FRIENDS: Hawkman and Future Villain Release Ideas

With the recent news about Wave 3 pairing Batman and the Flash with their arch foes, the Riddler and Captain Cold, I was pondering on future releases in this line. Green Lantern and Hawkman are the only heroes left according to the packaging illustrations. Here's a thought.

1: Which member of the Legion of Doom should be paired with Hawkman for release? It's a shoe in that Green Lantern would be paired with Sinestro, but what about the Winged Thanagarian? My vote goes for Toyman since Hawkman battled him in "The World's Deadliest Game" and "Fairy Tale of Doom"

2: Which members of the Legion of Doom can you see being released in certain waves? Any ideas?

Anyway, there's no right or wrong answer here. All opinions and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers.
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

Gorilla Grod.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Is FTC mixing the SF & LOD in assortments, or will there be all-villain waves?
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• filmation batman fan
        The Man of Many Voices
        • Aug 30, 2005

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        Is FTC mixing the SF & LOD in assortments, or will there be all-villain waves?
        I imagine there eventually will be. Flash and Captain Cold in Wave 3 and now, Bizarro, Toyman and Cheetah in Wave 4.

UPDATE

I just saw that FT is planning Wave 4. It will be one hero and three villains. The Hero being Green Lantern and the villains being Bizarro, Toyman and Cheetah.

Hawkman is the only hero left to be made unless they consider making Hawkgirl, the Atom, Rima and Firestorm in the future.

I can throw out my Hawkman VS Toyman theory.

I can only guess we will eventually have an all villain wave with 8 more villains left.

Comment

• hawkmike
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 15, 2003

I'd go grodd, but like the idea of the grodd Solomon grundy 2 pack we talked
          about last sun.
          wanted mego arch reactor

Comment

• filmation batman fan
            The Man of Many Voices
            • Aug 30, 2005

Originally posted by hawkmike
            I'd go grodd, but like the idea of the grodd Solomon grundy 2 pack we talked
            about last sun.
            I agree wholeheartedly. I could see the two largest built members of the Legion of Doom being sold together in a 2 pack or both in the same wave. As for Hawkman, I wonder if the reason we have not seen him or Hawkgirl in DCU or Justice League is that maybe the design of their heads and wings may present more of a difficult challenge? That could be a possibility. As of the latest Wave 4 announcement, Hawkman is the only hero on the back of the SF cards who has yet to be made. Anyway, it's just a theory.

Comment

• VintageMike
              Permanent Member
              • Dec 16, 2004

Maybe Soloman Grundy since they are both oddballs in terms of hero/villain pairings. Runner ups would be Toyman or Brainiac since Superman's already done and would be more likely to be paired with Luthor or Bizarro.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎