Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone here collect horror antholigies? Searching for a story about plants.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

It's been ages since I've read "Who Goes There." I believe it is a shape-shifter and can possess bodies, but it's not explicitly a plant or humanoid as I recall.

The original film hits the basic plot and provides a "monster-of-the-week" which I find fun. The Carpenter version is closer to the original story. I didn't see the 2011 film; it seems to me to be tailor-made for CGI.

Good suggestions, folks. I still haven't been able to track down the story about which I initially posted.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• daz71
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2014

the film i mentioned the mutations has a botanist doing experiments on humans and circus freaks turning them into plant creatures.it's from 1974 starring donald pleasence.

Comment

• MysteryWho
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 16, 2008

my first thought was that dr. terror story. there is a tree stump that kind of comes alive in Tales that Witness Madness. and there's is truly a huge amount of standalone killer plant movies. here's a weird one... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQUJjpiHBmg

Comment

• samurainoir
          Eloquent Member
          • Dec 26, 2006

Swamp Thing and Man-Thing were based on The Heap, which in turn was based on the prose story "It" by Theodore Sturgeon. Which in turn got adapted into a Marvel comic.

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎