• Jun 16, 2001

#MMFTCNEWS SuperFriends Wave 3

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

Finally! Batman! I hope he comes out better than the Batman Series 4 Batman. I am confident in The Flash after owning the SP version.

Captain Cold is a bit of surprise, considering we have seen Toyman and Bizarro, but I am glad that it is not an all-villains series.

With this rivals series, who they put out with Toyman and Bizzaro will be very interesting. We have seen Green Lantern too, but they may want to release him with a new Sinestro.

Comment

• jeffbearco
      Persistent Member
      • Mar 27, 2011

I'm eager to see them do Hawkman!

It will be hard to keep his head from looking WAY out of scale though!

JeffBearCO

Comment

• scott metzger
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 9, 2007

Good, but can't help holding off on real excitement until I see the actual figures at this point (which of the four gets a bobblehead?). Still, the SF series has been doing pretty well on capturing the right look and feel for the Hanna Barbera versions of the characters, especially in the latest waves. I think we will have to wind up with at least some all villain waves, though, as there were more LoD than Super Friends, even with El Dorado included, and we've already gotten 2 all hero waves. That knocks out 7 of the 11 Challenge Superfriends, leaving only four to do, and we've got 11 LoD members to go.
        Last edited by scott metzger; Jun 10, '16, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
          Career Member
          • Apr 30, 2015

Can't wait to see Batman. Never bothered with this line, but if Batman is right I'll be handing over the cash.

Comment

• jeffbearco
            Persistent Member
            • Mar 27, 2011

I've been holding back, afraid I'd get committed and Batman would go bad. But a really good Batman could also make me go back and pick up the Superman I wasn't that impressed by and the Robin I skipped. I did get Wonder Woman and Aquaman. At work I'm the Aquaman of my group. I talk to databases. LOL

JeffBearCO

Comment

• filmation batman fan
              The Man of Many Voices
              • Aug 30, 2005

WOO HOO!! AT long last, Batman is finally coming along with the Flash. Wave 3 reminds me of what DC Direct did by pairing heroes up with their arch foes. I hope Batman has blue shorts and his cape is blue outside, black inside like they did with Robin/ I also hope Captain Cold's face is blue. I was hoping DC Direct would have made Captain Cold back then but they didn't. I imagine Green Lantern will be paired with Sinestro and I always thought Hawkman and Toyman would be a good pair up from their battles in the World's Deadliest Game and Fairy Tale of Doom. Who knows? If the Super Friends line continues to do well, maybe they could make Hawkgirl, the Atom. Rima and Firestorm. Great for completion.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                Still Old School
                • Feb 14, 2008

Excited to see if they give Flash an entirely yellow emblem like the show.
                This series is so much fun!!
                Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

We'll finally get Batman with the perma shadow on his cowl, which we've been needing since 1972.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                    Museum Paramedic
                    • Aug 31, 2005

Exciting news! They'll do a good job on all four figures, I'd bet.

- Ian
                    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• rodkeith
                      Veteran Member
                      • Mar 16, 2008

Originally posted by filmation batman fan
                      If the Super Friends line continues to do well, maybe they could make Hawkgirl, the Atom. Rima and Firestorm. Great for completion.
                      Beyond those four, they could also do Cyborg to complete the heroes, though the upcoming Teen Titans version would probably do just fine for that. Come to think of it, an easy repackaging of just putting him on a Super Friends card wouldn't be surprising.

On the back of the card art, however, the only unplanned heroes (that we're aware of) at this point are Hawkman and Wonder Dog. Now, there's a team-up for the ages.

Looking forward to seeing a Brainiac.
                      Last edited by rodkeith; Jun 10, '16, 1:42 PM.

Comment

• jacoblb
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 7, 2009

Cool selection of characters with villains now, yay.

Comment

• The Bat
                          Batman Fanatic
                          • Jul 14, 2002

FINALLY!!!!! BATMAN!!
                          sigpic

Comment

• filmation batman fan
                            The Man of Many Voices
                            • Aug 30, 2005

Originally posted by rodkeith
                            Beyond those four, they could also do Cyborg to complete the heroes, though the upcoming Teen Titans version would probably do just fine for that. Come to think of it, an easy repackaging of just putting him on a Super Friends card wouldn't be surprising.

On the back of the card art, however, the only unplanned heroes (that we're aware of) at this point are Hawkman and Wonder Dog. Now, there's a team-up for the ages.

Looking forward to seeing a Brainiac.
                            Actually. to be technical, Cyborg was never really on the "SuperFriends" He was never designed by Alex Toth. Cyborg came along in the final season when Hanna Barbera changed to the series to the Super Powers Team: Galactic Guardians and used the Jose Garcia Lopez character designs. The Cyborg figure in the New Teen Titans line would suffice. But I agree in that we need a Hawkman in both Super Friends and DCU and Firestorm as well. It would also be neat if they could repackage Cyborg and make Firestorm on Super Powers cards.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                              Persistent Member
                              • Mar 27, 2011

Got my bagged Aquaman this weekend. Are bagged figures actually factory seconds???

His tights were too short and uneven so the detailing on his shirt makes him look like he has droopy, uneven boobs.

Ordered another costume this morning in hopes that it is either better quality or I can use the extra material for fix the issue.

I think this latest disappointment signals my last purchase from FTC for a while.

JeffBearCO

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎