X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

What needs to be shrunk to Mego size?

I'd like to get some Hydroshrink. I just don't know what needs to be shrunk to Mego size. Any ideas?
  • Spyweb007
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 18, 2006

I would love to see the 12" Mego heads in 8" scale . . . Magnetic Batman, James Bond, Captain America. . .

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
      Often invisible
      • Jul 18, 2002

I like the idea shrinking heads from other toy lines.

Kenners Bionic Bigfoot is #1 on my list, made to work on the BBP figure.
      I know someone has done Stretch Armstrong and the Stretch Monster, but thats something I'd like to see.
      Kenner's 12 inch Star Wars? I have a beater Han somewhere that I never got around to shrinking... At least Luke and Han.
      Any of the Big Jim heads. I think some have been done, but I've never seen Zorak so that would be cool.

I guess that's my short list. I'll keep thinking...
      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
        Moderation Engineer
        • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost

I know someone has done Stretch Armstrong and the Stretch Monster, but thats something I'd like to see.
        Kenner's 12 inch Star Wars? I have a beater Han somewhere that I never got around to shrinking... At least Luke and Han.
        Any of the Big Jim heads. I think some have been done, but I've never seen Zorak so that would be cool.

I think Luke and Han are already out there. There's been a real flurry on the shrink front the past few years. KoD, Zem-21, Pulsar, Hypnos, Mike Powers, Steve Austin.

Zorak would be cool; I think most of the other BJ heads are available. There were some good Playmates Trek heads in both 9 and 12 inch. There are probably some good 13" DC heads. Electroman?

How about the original Captain Action sets? It would be a lot of work, but nobody else has them in 8" scale.

Other than Austin, there isn't an option for a lot of us if we want to deal with someone with a big, diverse inventory. There are several people who do a really good job with a few different heads.

Comment

• daz71
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 19, 2014

famous covers heads might be ok because they look oversized on mego bodies.

Comment

• TomStrong
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 22, 2011

I think Austin Megowgsh has some because I got a Robin from him. image.jpg

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost

Besides what Steve said, the Bionic Bigfoot won't work. His head is attached to his torso, and his "beard" is too low to make a head that turns even if it was modified. Most of your other suggestions have been made.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by daz71
                famous covers heads might be ok because they look oversized on mego bodies.
                FC heads can be shrunk in acetone.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Spyweb007
                  I would love to see the 12" Mego heads in 8" scale . . . Magnetic Batman, James Bond, Captain America. . .
                  That Captain America head needs to be shrunk to fit the 12" body.

I think that this is an awesome sculpt. I wonder how many people would be willing to buy an eight inch version of this head. I can get this one for $18 on ebay.
                  Last edited by LonnieFisher; Jun 8, '16, 11:01 PM.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                    Often invisible
                    • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                    Besides what Steve said, the Bionic Bigfoot won't work. His head is attached to his torso, and his "beard" is too low to make a head that turns even if it was modified. Most of your other suggestions have been made.
                    Well, sounds like I'll have to do Bionic Bigfoot myself! LOL!
                    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• bleit1701
                      Career Member
                      • Jan 1, 2009

I am working on making the recent Captain Action/Captain America head shrinkable. I want a Kirby/Cap figure.
                      Better late than never.....

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by bleit1701
                        I am working on making the recent Captain Action/Captain America head shrinkable. I want a Kirby/Cap figure.
                        That will be cool!

Comment

• Spyweb007
                          Persistent Member
                          • Apr 18, 2006

I think the Magnetic Batman sculpt looks like Christian Bale's Batman with the mean expression and the small mask opening.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                            One eyed, wonder
                            • Dec 17, 2009

There is a lot of great head canidates out there for shinking.
                            Mego Robin head to a teen-scale would be nice.
                            Always wondered what shinking the Aurora monster heads, would look like compared to recasting the AHIs.

I think in most cases of the early FC heads, they are in scale, if you don't count the neck.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                              One eyed, wonder
                              • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by dr_cyclops
                              There is a lot of great head canidates out there for shinking.
                              oooow, how about reducing the Flash Gordon, Ming and Zarkof heads?

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎