Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New 8" body by Zica

Are Mego heads going to be able to be used with the new body?

Quote Originally Posted by LonnieFisher View Post
    Are Mego heads going to be able to be used with the new body?
    No, rotocast MEGO style heads won't work with the body. The primary reason this body is being developed is because I'm planning to use it on a modern 8" action figure line.

Images
    Why not make the neck post a removal piece, where you can unscrew the body and remove it for Mego compatibility? Seems like "backward compatibility" would be a feature, and an approach like this would give you the best of both worlds...

Quote Originally Posted by sprytel View Post
    Why not make the neck post a removal piece, where you can unscrew the body and remove it for Mego compatibility? Seems like "backward compatibility" would be a feature, and an approach like this would give you the best of both worlds...
    Because it would be more expensive to add this feature and it doesn't fit in with what I've got planned.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Hmmm....sounds like fun. Will you be sculpting heads in house as it were? My curiosity is seriously piqued at the idea of this.

Will the clothing at least be in scale with the Type S figure? Putting CTVT clothes on one of those is always difficult, as the clothing is WAY too small to fit, even with a lot of tugging and pulling.
    JediJaida

Quote Originally Posted by JediJaida View Post
    Hmmm....sounds like fun. Will you be sculpting heads in house as it were? My curiosity is seriously piqued at the idea of this.

Will the clothing at least be in scale with the Type S figure? Putting CTVT clothes on one of those is always difficult, as the clothing is WAY too small to fit, even with a lot of tugging and pulling.
    Yes, the heads will be done in house.

The proportions of this body won't be compatible with the clothing that's currently be offered by other companies, I'll have to get some made for it.

Images
    I'm really curious about this line now. Another 6 more months, at least, before we see the new body I wanna see (buy) it now

I'm down for a new buffer body! I am hoping it will be something that can make Superman look super! Right now I have been using the old Zica body or making my own chest pieces on a Dr. mego swivel arm body.

Yep, very interested!

Craig, any chance we get to see your new prototype?
    I post in thy general direction!