Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: New 8" body by Zica

  1. #11
    Are Mego heads going to be able to be used with the new body?

  2. #12
    Join Date
    May 7, 2006
    Location
    Falmouth, KY
    Posts
    2,295
    Quote Originally Posted by LonnieFisher View Post
    Are Mego heads going to be able to be used with the new body?
    No, rotocast MEGO style heads won't work with the body. The primary reason this body is being developed is because I'm planning to use it on a modern 8" action figure line.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 26, 2009
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    4,645
    Images
    5
    Why not make the neck post a removal piece, where you can unscrew the body and remove it for Mego compatibility? Seems like "backward compatibility" would be a feature, and an approach like this would give you the best of both worlds...

  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 7, 2006
    Location
    Falmouth, KY
    Posts
    2,295
    Quote Originally Posted by sprytel View Post
    Why not make the neck post a removal piece, where you can unscrew the body and remove it for Mego compatibility? Seems like "backward compatibility" would be a feature, and an approach like this would give you the best of both worlds...
    Because it would be more expensive to add this feature and it doesn't fit in with what I've got planned.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 14, 2008
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    5,496
    Images
    3
    Blog Entries
    1
    Hmmm....sounds like fun. Will you be sculpting heads in house as it were? My curiosity is seriously piqued at the idea of this.

    Will the clothing at least be in scale with the Type S figure? Putting CTVT clothes on one of those is always difficult, as the clothing is WAY too small to fit, even with a lot of tugging and pulling.
    JediJaida

  6. #16
    Join Date
    May 7, 2006
    Location
    Falmouth, KY
    Posts
    2,295
    Quote Originally Posted by JediJaida View Post
    Hmmm....sounds like fun. Will you be sculpting heads in house as it were? My curiosity is seriously piqued at the idea of this.

    Will the clothing at least be in scale with the Type S figure? Putting CTVT clothes on one of those is always difficult, as the clothing is WAY too small to fit, even with a lot of tugging and pulling.
    Yes, the heads will be done in house.

    The proportions of this body won't be compatible with the clothing that's currently be offered by other companies, I'll have to get some made for it.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 15, 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    331
    Images
    10
    I'm really curious about this line now. Another 6 more months, at least, before we see the new body I wanna see (buy) it now

  8. #18
    I'm down for a new buffer body! I am hoping it will be something that can make Superman look super! Right now I have been using the old Zica body or making my own chest pieces on a Dr. mego swivel arm body.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 15, 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    121
    Yep, very interested!

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 21, 2010
    Location
    Texas, Earth-One
    Posts
    1,446
    Craig, any chance we get to see your new prototype?
    I post in thy general direction!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •