X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scott metzger
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by ovenmitt
    I love Super Friends and this Line! Wave 2 is no exception but where is Wonder Woman's LASSO?! FTC JLA WW has a lasso, why didn't FTC use same lasso for SF WW? Otherwise wave is super Wonder Woman is my favorite, glad she has rooted hair and no cloth Bodysuit! Aquaman is next he got me into swimming. Still don't know why Black Vulcan wasn't named Black Lightning like the comics. El Dorado, AR is my Hometown! Getting Wonder Twins and Gleek Tomorrow! Can't believe FTC has at least 3 more SF waves planned for 2016 alone and Wendy and Marvin and hopefully Wonder Dog Soon! The World's Greatest Super Friends! Fan since 1973 when I was 3!
    Apparently, Black Vulcan was supposed to be Black Lightning in Super Friends, but at the time, someone else had licensed the character and wound up never using him. Sad, as Black Lightning is one of my favorite DC characters, and I would have loved seeing him on the show.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by scott metzger
      Apparently, Black Vulcan was supposed to be Black Lightning in Super Friends, but at the time, someone else had licensed the character and wound up never using him. Sad, as Black Lightning is one of my favorite DC characters, and I would have loved seeing him on the show.
      Actually its DC not wanting to pay Tony Isabella residuals for using the character that he created. Thus the name and costume change.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TRDouble
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by thunderbolt
        Actually its DC not wanting to pay Tony Isabella residuals for using the character that he created. Thus the name and costume change.
        Yep. Too bad. Related, DC finally put out a TPB of the entire Vol. 1. Fun read! Now I need FTC to make a figure of Black Lightning.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎