X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daz71
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2014

mego or palitoy

who made the decision which figures were made available in the u.k. was it decided by how well certain figures had sold in the u.s.i never understood why we only got 2 of the fantastic four.why did we get lizard but not green goblin.did palitoy just ask for the best sellers.why no female characters.
  • SWBL5252
    Museum Patron
    • Jun 12, 2012

The art on those Palitoy cards is amazing! Wish Mego would have changed up the cards more over the years.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

The people at Palitoy seemed to gravitate towards male characters, the only girl figure they released was Zira. Mego probably didn't care as long as they met some sort of annual minimum.

Prior to that, the UK distributor was Cecil Coleman (who did Johnny Jackson) they did release the Supergals into the UK.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• daz71
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 19, 2014

did they i never saw any females except for zira.i only knew the other male wgsh existed when i started getting back issues in 1980 then when i got in contact with heroes world the only figures they had left which we didn't get were falcon,riddler,shazam & mr.mxyz

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Yeah, the Coleman run seems to have been short lived and they just brought over US boxed stuff like the WGSH and the Batmobile. Palitoy seems to have begun distributing in 1975.

Palitoy always did their own thing, highly creative and innovative company.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• daz71
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 19, 2014

first i ever saw were palitoy ones on cards in 1976 and my local toy shop which had 4 floors of toys didn't get them until about 1977/78.they first appeared in markets up north maybe the coleman ones were mainly distributed around london and the south.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 3, 2009

while watching a 35 year old episode of minder http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minder_(TV_series) last night who should i spot in a shop window ,along with a hulk dress up set ,but palitoy bats ,i was shocked and delighted at the same time lol ,wow those figures were around for a long time ,the episode ,number 5 season 1 ,the bounty hunter ,went out originally in November 1979 ,so they were at retail that year ,and i saw solid boxes of supes and bats in petticoat lane street market London 4 years later October 1983 ,for a £1 each ,i bought 2 of each and gave them to the nephews of the girl id gone to see, later that day ,figured i could get more next week ,yeah well we know how that works ,anyway heres the pics and theres some great old stuff in there along with bats

Comment

• daz71
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 19, 2014

wow how did you spot that,funny i watched an episode of minder too last night.i wonder if terry nipped in for it.it's not even a toy shop is it they sell washing powder and jacobs cream crackers and nescafe.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                  HULK SMASH!
                  • Apr 3, 2010

Well, at least the UK got Fist Fighting versions of some WGSH characters which were never available in North America.
                  PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• daz71
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 19, 2014

i had ff robin,superman & lizard but never liked them as much as normal figures.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                      HULK SMASH!
                      • Apr 3, 2010

Yeah, I prefer the non Fist Fighting versions, too.
                      PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• MIB41
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Sep 25, 2005

If Starsky & Hutch ever get revisited in the ReMego world I hope they use the Palitoy artwork because that is some of the best package art I've ever seen for this line of figures.

Comment

• daz71
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 19, 2014

does anyone have pictures of all the palitoy cards because not all the cards were shown for the wgsh in ben's book.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎