X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lilbrosj66
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by JediJaida
    Bring the hairline forward a bit and it might work.
    Definitely! She'll get a whole new "do" and complete re-paint.

Comment

• invisiblelad
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 6, 2014

Well, ...Hello Nekkid ELASTI-GIRL!

Aparantly The Doom Patrol's PR agent is trying to do damage control after Elasti-Girl's Photo shoot pics, taken for the never released 'GIGANTIC Gorgeous Girls Gone Wild' spread in Playtoy magazine, were leaked in this Mego Museum thread!

When asked about what he thought about Elasti-Girl's pics featuring 40 feet of naughty nakedness, The Chief replied: "I think Rita took things too Farr."

Thanks 4 the pics Lilbrosj66! I remember that FTC showed a blown up pic of their 8" female articulated body, to represent their forthcoming 12" articulated body, at some point, & I believe it was early on when Batman 66 was advertised to be coming in 8" & 12" scale, along with Dukes of Hazzards. This was back when that 1st EPIC FTC announcement was made. So I just assumed the 12" FTC Female body was shown for the future use for 12" Daisy Duke & Catwoman, since Batgirl seemed off the table for 66 Batman @ that time. I was confused when the 12" Daisy Duke was shown coming with that 12" body w/ 6 POA, like an upscaled vintage Mego Daisy Duke body.
      I think the body looks good, & after seeing that Daisy Head on it, should have been used for her 12" regular figure & any variants in that scale as well. The original FTC announcement had me excited for so many lines, & The Dukes was one of them, but I never took to the look of the wave 1 figures because they looked off to me, & somehow Beau & Luke looked like they were based on an "Animated" version of Dem Good Ole Boys! I guess I pictured all FTC re-dos & New Character's (like WGH Alfred, Ras Al Ghul, ect.) to look like Mego made them nack in the day, & that they'd fit in better with classic Megos to me. FTC...Bring on Mego Repros of: Beau, Luke, Boss, & a shrunken down redeco Daisy Duke head to go on an articulated 8" body!
      I hope to get a great 8" & 18" Giganta, & would definitely like a 12" too if it's reasonably priced! I'f guess the 18" Giganta would be pricey, & I'd have to have the 8" retro Comic style &/or Super Friends Giganta, but a 12" wpuld be a nice in between for her! I know it's off tbe table, but I have No interest in 18" versions of the Super Gals, or any non-giant character, ...but hear this...

FTC - I would buy 12" Wonder Woman (comic or TV WW Lynda Carter) figures, including villains & supporting cast, if done well! I would probably get 12" versions of the Super Gals (& WGSH + Super Foes!) , or upgraded Retro 12" DC female characters, if fairly priced! (Like 2014-15 FTC prices)
      ...unfortunately, I'd only spring for 18" versions of DC Super-Sized characters!
      FTC- Bring on the
      12" Retro WGSH/Gals/Foes! -&-
      18" "Giants of DC" collection!

Lilbrosj66, THANKS Again for the pics, & especially the honest Review of this Body! Hope FTC makes heads, clothes, & accessories for this body ro make customs if they can't release any DC gals on them!

Comment

• JediJaida
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 14, 2008

I really don't like the look of the dresses, but I have plenty of Barbie patterns that might fit her.
        JediJaida

Comment

• JediJaida
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 14, 2008

I got the 12" body today, and it seems to flop at the waist a little, but that can be corrected.

It has a nice, solid feel to it, and it looks to be well assembled. The head is of good quality rubber, and the paint job is very good, with no splotches or zombie eyes. Hint, hint! Cough, cough! This means YOU FTC!

The feet, will NOT fit into anything Barbie sized, so unless they start making their high heeled shoes and other stuff in 12" size for the women's body, you might find better luck getting the 12" tennis shoes for a while.

She might fit into Obitsu shoes, but that will take a while to figure out.

More later.
          JediJaida

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

Will this head fit the body?

Comment

• JediJaida
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 14, 2008

Good question. I'll let you know. I have a couple of those floating around.

I don't know if it will fit this type of neck post, though.
              JediJaida

Comment

• JediJaida
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 14, 2008

The head wobbles a lot, so no, it won't fit.

The torso keeps flopping forward and I suspect either the tension is too tight or the midriff ball was upside down. It was the latter.

Also, wa
                JediJaida

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 4, 2011

The head wobbles a lot, so no, it won't fit.

The torso keeps flopping forward and I suspect either the tension is too tight or the midriff ball was upside down. It was the latter.

Also, wa
                  So did you flip the ball over? Did it help? I didn't even consider that. Should the smaller hole be upwards? Has anyone mentioned this before?

Comment

• JediJaida
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 14, 2008

I would flip the ball over, and try to restring. If THAT doesn't work, cut the damned band off and try again with elastic cord.
                    JediJaida

Comment

• jeffbearco
                      Persistent Member
                      • Mar 27, 2011

I wonder how the 12" Mego clothes fit this body. There are clothes for Cher, Jordache, Wonder Woman and others still available on ebay.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• JediJaida
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 14, 2008

I think that they wouldn't fit. The body in question is very different from this one.
                        JediJaida

Comment

• JediJaida
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 14, 2008

I have officially had it up to HERE with FTC!

The damned thing keeps flopping over!

I unstrung it and reversed the ball; it still flopped all over the place.

I cut the tension band, and restrung it BOTH ways, losing the little neck post thingie, and it STILL FREAKING FLOPPED OVER!!!

I wanted to like this figure. I really, really did! I dreamed about how it would be, but the dimwits at FTC failed again!

Instead of an all new, bandless design, they went with a tension band that was too darned tight, and a separate waist ball joint, instead of making the torso longer, and integrating the waist ball with the torso. It worked just fine for the Rood Supergirl, WHY couldn't they follow along with that?

Why keep using bands that have too much tension, resulting in floppy waists???

I'm going to call them on Monday and complain (nicely, of course) and ask for either a replacement that DOESN'T HAVE A FLOPPY WAIST!!!
                          JediJaida

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 4, 2011

I have officially had it up to HERE with FTC!

The damned thing keeps flopping over!

I unstrung it and reversed the ball; it still flopped all over the place.

I cut the tension band, and restrung it BOTH ways, losing the little neck post thingie, and it STILL FREAKING FLOPPED OVER!!!

I wanted to like this figure. I really, really did! I dreamed about how it would be, but the dimwits at FTC failed again!

Instead of an all new, bandless design, they went with a tension band that was too darned tight, and a separate waist ball joint, instead of making the torso longer, and integrating the waist ball with the torso. It worked just fine for the Rood Supergirl, WHY couldn't they follow along with that?

Why keep using bands that have too much tension, resulting in floppy waists???

I'm going to call them on Monday and complain (nicely, of course) and ask for either a replacement that DOESN'T HAVE A FLOPPY WAIST!!!
                            Sorry you are having so much trouble with yours. Mine is a little floppy but doesn't sound like it is anywhere near what yours is. The 8" female bodies are HORRIBLE with this issue.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 4, 2011

So I'm not sure about all of Mego's 12" female clothing but the Diana Ross dress and shoes fit her fine. The dress has some "give" around her hips and the shoes are rubbery enough to fit. She won't stand in them but then neither did Diana without the doll stand. Putting the original Mego female heads (Diana Ross, WW, Farrah, Cher, etc.) on this body would require some reworking of the neck post or the opening in the head but I'm sure it could be done. I'm thinking you could also utilize the accessories from Kenner's Bionic Woman line. This opens up customizing a bit more for this scale.

P1050233.jpg

P1050237.jpg

P1050240.jpg

Comment

• Mego Magyar
                                Permanent Member
                                • Jan 17, 2011

I've fixed the 8 inch floppy waist by flipping the ball over ( if necessary) so the smaller hole is down and glueing the ball to the top torso.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎