X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lilbrosj66
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 4, 2011

FTC 12" Female Body Review.

So I got FTC's new 12" Female body in the mail today along with the 12" Daisy head and wanted to share my thoughts and some pics that I hope everyone finds useful.

What can I say? WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!

I hope you are readying this FTC, because aside from a pretty minor complaint (which I will get to), you have knocked this one out of the park! BRAVO!

-This new female body is solid. It is well constructed and feels like it could actually stand up to being played with. I don't feel like I have to be overly careful with it.
    -The shoulder, elbow, wrist, hip, knee and ankle joints are tight and hold a pose.
    -The stringing from the hip joint through the neck is a bit tight (my only minor complaint) and so while FAR better at standing up straight than the 8" bodies, it is still a bit twitchy. Again, FAR better than the 8" and she doesn't snap over at the waist nearly as badly when posing.
    -The hip, waist and neck joints still have the texture on them. Jury's still out on this. Mego never had a need for this and I'm not sure if it's more of a help or a hindrance here.
    -She is strung with the same black bands as the 8" body.
    -The 1/6 scale Daisy head itself wasn't my first choice but since it's the only choice at this time, I went with it. And you know what? The head is really in scale to the body. Like, really in scale. Honestly, I don't think it could be MORE in scale. If FTC could match this scaling in the 8" format there would be no stopping them.

All in all I am thrilled with this purchase. I have no clue at all what I will do with it but am very glad I got it.

Now, let's keep this moving, shall we FTC? More female heads. WW, Supergirl, Batgirl, Generic female head, IG head. Hell, start cranking out 12" versions of the Gals! All of them. Any of them. Dinah Mite! Black Dinah Mite! More accessories! And while you're are at it, how about more 12" Male heads and accessories as well? Re-do the entire original Mego DC line in 12"! You have struck gold here in my opinion and this could open up a whole new market for you and make customizers go wild!

P1050211.jpg

P1050227.jpg

P1050204.jpg

P1050217.jpg

P1050220.jpg
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

Holy Moley! A head that is in scale with the body??? Outrageous! OUTRAGEOUS I SAY!

This is DEFINITELY going on my purchase list.

As long as they eventually make more heads in that scale.

Hey lilbros! See if she will take a Barbie head or one of the other female heads that are in 1:6 scale that are for sale on ebay and places like that.

If they fit, we will have a DEFINITE winner, winner, CHICKEN DINNER!!!
    JediJaida

Comment

• lilbrosj66
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 4, 2011

And another thing, FTC. If you can do this well on a 12" body then I'm betting dollars to donuts you could crank out an 18" female body just as well. And I would then ask you, where are the 18" Gals? C'mon people! Step it up! Step it up!

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

With this I would love to see a 12 inch Isis in the future, along with Batgirl.

Comment

• JediJaida
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 14, 2008

Just ordered a head and body for myself. We shall see what's going on.
          JediJaida

Comment

• lilbrosj66
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by tjacwave50
            With this I would love to see a 12 inch Isis in the future, along with Batgirl.
            I would love to see a run of all the original gals in 12" format! That would be just way too cool!

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Thank you for the review. The Daisy head looks very nice on the figure.

I'd love to see 12" Super-Gals, too: like modernized Ideal Super Queens. Bring on Mera, too!
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 27, 2011

If they did a 12" run, I'd expect more detailed costumes. It all comes back to that original Mego Wonder Woman. If they did a 12" version of her, I'd want the 12" version of her from her own wave (expecting it to be more like the Super Friends version) vs the pajama Wonder Woman. Actually the 12" Wonder Woman that Mego did wasn't bad, but I'd rather have this body than the body they had her on.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• scott metzger
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 9, 2007

I think if they have gone ahead with this 12" body and all the costs for the molds, we can be pretty sure they'll be using it. I'd be VERY surprised if we didn't see something in 12" form (though I don't know if the Super Gals are a possibility. I seem to recall they couldn't do the DC Heroes in 12" because of something in the license). One can only hope an 18" body is in the offing; still want that Giganta/Apache Chief two pack...

Comment

• comicmike
                    Persistent Member
                    • Sep 22, 2009

Great news! Great review! Thanks!!!

Comment

• scott metzger
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 9, 2007

Thanks for the review; it does look like the Daisy head is dead on perfect scale. I decided to bite and get the head and body. Here's hoping for a regular head in this scale, as well.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by scott metzger
                        I think if they have gone ahead with this 12" body and all the costs for the molds, we can be pretty sure they'll be using it. I'd be VERY surprised if we didn't see something in 12" form (though I don't know if the Super Gals are a possibility. I seem to recall they couldn't do the DC Heroes in 12" because of something in the license). One can only hope an 18" body is in the offing; still want that Giganta/Apache Chief two pack...
                        yeah, seems like if they could do 12 inch we would have already seen them. I'm guessing its got to do with Hot Toys or Sideshow having that scale license.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 4, 2011

Since I'm a Dallas fan and I have both versions of FTC's 12" Jr Ewing AND since I am pretty sure my dream of having a full line of Dallas figures will most likely never come true, I may do a re-root/re-paint on this 12" Daisy head and see if I can't pull off a 12" Sue Ellen Eweing! Bring on the shoulder pads and whiskey!
                          Last edited by lilbrosj66; Jun 6, '16, 8:27 PM.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 4, 2011

Anyone else see it?

FTC Sue Ellen.jpg

Comment

• JediJaida
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 14, 2008

Bring the hairline forward a bit and it might work.
                              JediJaida

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎