X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

Super Powers Green Lantern

I just received a CTVT order in the mail today and despite one set of gloves both being left handed , I ordered two pairs of gloves and the second set was fine. So, I decided to move my Super Powers Green Lantern to a Type S body.

The fit is good. The head can still pop out -- I tried to widen the neck plug, but that won't work because the groove in the neck plug is too shallow for the torso of the Type S body and I just don't see how using rubber bands would work either. But the head is in there tight; just push down when turn you it.

I'm not a big fan of the FTC Superhero gloves. After getting the SP Flash, I loved the molded slip over gloves, so I decided to buy white ones for GL. Note: The gloves that The SP Flash comes with are nicer than the molded gloves CTVT is selling. They still work though, but you go from tiny hands to larger hands; it's a stark difference.

I wish the green of the uniform and boots were a better match too, but the difference is much greater in the pictures than in person.

Anyway, I still have to get a ring on Hal's finger, but here he is!

FTC Green Lantern 1.jpg
    FTC Green Lantern 2.jpg
    FTC Green Lantern 3.jpg
    Last edited by TRDouble; Jun 4, '16, 2:43 PM.
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

And here is GL with The Flash, both on Type S bodies.

FTC Green Lantern & The Flash 1.jpg
    FTC Green Lantern & The Flash 2.jpg
    FTC Green Lantern & The Flash 3.jpg

Comment

• jacoblb
      Persistent Member
      • May 7, 2009

When you typed you tried to widen the neck, did you do the hot cold method a member described with some insertion of a pen or marker?

Just to be clear for others, the rubber bands that members suggested for wrapping around the base of the neckplug aren't really rubber bands, per se. (And I'm in no way stating that anyone stated they were, mind you.) They're clear, stretchable hairbands and not something that would necessarily suddenly dry rot and disintegrate like an average rubber band. The idle diameter is usually large enough to fit a top the pinky finger before any stretching. I haven't used that technique but I imagine the trick would work wrapped around the groove of the neck base and multiple ones could be used if necessary. There's also that Teflon tape/plumbers tape option, but that's expecting a lot of trial and error out of the person using that method. I've used such tape in black and white colors with varying sizes of width and gauge. The hair band(s) might be the way to go if the diameter can securely position the neck beneath the torso neck plug--but doh!--I reread what you wrote, sorry, the band(s) won't fit inside the groove. Hmm. I wonder if someone else with success in the past can introduce a pictured tutorial of an FTC head used with a hairband planted on an S Type?

The figures look nice! I'm eager to order mine, but rats, it looks like both were examples of glove customization. I've come to appreciate following the frustrating Mattel retro days of being able to open a figure and let it be what it was designed to be. I mean, people can always tweak whenever they want, but it's nice to not have to kit bash and swap parts, repaint, etc. While I like my Mattel ones just fine, I do like these versions better, particularly the Flash head sculpt. I just love the FTC sculpture's work, he can do no wrong in my eyes.

Comment

• tllgn
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 6, 2010

I got a couple green lanterns ,i think their good ,i really dig the classic mego carded one ,however i really dont like the glove plug ins ,Black vulcan,Elderado and
        Aquaman,Zan & jayna keep slipping off from time to time .When they get to making the rubber flash gloves in different colors for these figures ill do a change
        out .

Comment

• TRDouble
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 10, 2012

@jacoblb, the gloves on the Flash came with the figure; the only tweak on the Flash is the Type S body.

BUT... You have to buy the Super Powers Fist Fighters Flash to get the gloves. The regular carded Flash comes with red hands, no gloves.

If you have a spare body, just buy the Flash head and costume from Classic TV Toys/FTC.

Comment

• TRDouble
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by tllgn
            I got a couple green lanterns ,i think their good ,i really dig the classic mego carded one ,however i really dont like the glove plug ins ,Black vulcan,Elderado and
            Aquaman,Zan & jayna keep slipping off from time to time .When they get to making the rubber flash gloves in different colors for these figures ill do a change
            out .
            I knew I wanted yellow gloves for something! Ah well...

At least with my Green Lantern, the hand pegs were out enough so the gloves stayed on well. The pegs were a bear to get out though, because they were glued into the forearm. That was a first. My Series 4 Batman's gloves kept falling off because they pushed the hand pegs too far into the arm.

I bought some of the open hand gloves, but the hands did not fit inside. Maybe it's because the Type S hands are a little bigger. And since they are not as nice as The Flash gloves, I did not want to mix 'n match an open hand and closed hand glove on him.

The light blue gloves appear to be a perfect match to the Series 4 Batman. Just need to figure out how to get the glove fins on them.

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

I just recently received the Super Powers Flash and Green Lantern and I have to say I'm really liking these versions. I've noticed (at least with mine) that the outfits are really well fitting on these bodies. I've also noticed that the FF bodies are actually becoming pretty descent to keep on these characters because of the locking mechanism on the arms that allows you to hold those arm poses in especially high range that no other body can do. For myself, I like the gloves on GL and really like them on Flash. It's a nice touch and really gives these figures that added value of fun that was always a quality Mego excelled at. I also like the head sculpt on both figures. It's a nice combination of comic influences while still retaining that Mego tradition. As a kid, I would have freaked out over these figures. As a much older kid today I remain a very happy customer. Glad I picked them up.

Comment

• Gumby01
                • Dec 7, 2015

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before, does the classic carded Green Lantern, Flash, Plastic Man, and Martian Manhunter use a standard FTC body or a fist fighter one? Thanks.

Comment

• tllgn
                  Persistent Member
                  • Feb 6, 2010

^^the green lantern,flash and plasticman all have the standard body,i bought all 3 ,however i would like to know about Martian manhunter ,because
                  if it is standard ill buy one ,already have fist fighters .Curiously Plastic man still has the low cut on his costume in the back as if it came off a fist fighter .

Comment

• Gumby01
                    • Dec 7, 2015

Originally posted by tllgn
                    ^^the green lantern,flash and plasticman all have the standard body,i bought all 3 ,however i would like to know about Martian manhunter ,because
                    if it is standard ill buy one ,already have fist fighters .Curiously Plastic man still has the low cut on his costume in the back as if it came off a fist fighter .
                    Thanks tllgn!

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎